Thursday, September 11, 2014

Project Life | Black & White and making it work.



This Week| Moving in, getting settled.  Taking time to play and avoiding unpacking.

First Side| Lots of great black and white cards here.  Not a lot of faces in the pictures here, but they still tell the story.  The word art on the photo is from the A Beautiful Mess app.  I used a diamond transparency as my window pocket.  The tag was run through my die cutting machine to the get the 'hello' on there.

Second Side| I wasn't that happy with this side.  I think all the browns didn't match well with the black and white.  I normally love woodgrain, but the woodgrain post card just didn't look right. The watercolor hearts show through from the other side. I added a lightbulb transparency on top for fun.  The lightbulb moment of Lakshman's first laugh maybe?


This Week| Baby checkups. Avinash playing basketball.  This happened every week for a while because he was in two leagues, but I really don't have to document it every time. Also, science experiments at the museum and reading Noisy Nora with Gudiya. Oh, and a bear eating my nose. Important stuff.



First Side| More black and white.  The peonies photo has a lot of white space which is nice too.  I have a bunch of random die cuts lying around and the Love This circle (from Ali Edwards' files) was a perfect fit here.




Second Side| I sort of love how this page is wildly colorful.  Somehow, what wasn't working the previous week suddenly does.  I still have one page of black and white but they somehow mesh better together.  When in doubt trust in white space, here on journaling cards and an extra large border around the photo of Lucky and me. Those colored doilies are just my favorite.  They are from the SC kits and different from regular doilies.  Blue green is always a fun combination.  And, when right on top of red and pink it reminds me of a rainbow.  With yellow coming from the pie chart card, a card I designed myself and for sale in my Etsy shop here. One red asterisk from my SC kit letters is the perfect window page.

You can see all of my Project Life pages here.  This is my third year of doing Project Life and I love this method of memory keeping for our family.  The PL kits I am using generally are the Studio Calico kit, and Midnight kit, with mostly Design A pages this year. I am linked up with the Mom Creative this week.


Now it is your turn!  Add your link back to your Project Life pages here and try to visit and leave comments for each other as well.  Grab a button if you'd like, or just pin it to your favorite scrappy pinterest board, anything works!  Thanks to everyone who linked up last time!  I will be holding a regular weekly link up from now on.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...