Monday, November 13, 2017

Project Life| January 2017

Project Life is one of my favorite memory keeping projects. It runs consecutively and doesn’t require fancy titles. It has a set structure of small pockets to fill. You can get as creative as you want from there.  

I am definitely loving this simple intro page. I kept it airy by leaving two pockets see through, with chipboard numbers inserted for the year and a fabric patch. 

The back starts to tell the story of New Years.  We were back in Austin and just having fun around town.  I largely used Studio Calico kit cards here.  Love the simple clink cheers sentiment. 

I continued to use the kraft die cuts on the facing page. I like how it matches with cork and hints of gold.

Taking a large caption from Instagram and pasting it under a photo is one of my fastest ways to journal. I kept the photo a hybrid by stamping the month and using a number sticker. 



Kraft embellishments continue, this time paired with yellow.  I try to jot down funny quotes the kids say and included a card with recent Lakshman sayings. 

Typical beginning of the year appointments and stuff.  Nandini had a dentist check up and Lakshman sat watching her, completely fascinated. 

Little school field trips and a tea party at a Hotel.  So much fun. More yellow and gold.

Documenting a little more about Avinash.  He is the oldest and often away at school, so his picture doesn't get taken and his stories don't get told.  Wanting to be more conscious about that.

Documenting two of the school art projects I did with each of their classes.  It was so much fun! The Sunday Morning card is foil pressed in gold. 

Avinash climbing up the legacy oaks at the Wildflower Center. January is so dreary in Austin, I had to document what little greenery and flowers I do see on my runs. 

In January we also celebrated Indian Republic Day. More typed journaling and more yellow and cork on this page.  I don't usually try to make an entire month contiguous but this time it just worked out that way. 


I have caught up with the first few months of project life and will be sharing more ideas here soon. You can see all of my Project Life posts here


1 comment:

  1. Wow! The kids have grown so much in just 10 months. Lakshman was just a little baby, not the big boy he is now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...