Sunday, December 2, 2018

December Daily | Day 1 Capitol Tree Lighting


December is here again. And again I am putting together a daily scrapbook about this month. 

I have done this for years and years.  But I still get stuck.  

Somehow, sitting here looking at an album full of blank page protectors is so hard.  

I did what I always do when I can't move forward.  I looked back.  Yesterday we went to the Austin Capitol Tree Lighting.  And like last year, I had so many photos I wanted to share.  

So I looked at last years pages.  

This image stuck out to me.  I love the strip of pattern with a stitch tag on it.  And the page holding mutliple photos.  

My photos were different this year though.  Not as bright and from different times of day.  I didn't want them to be exactly as I had them last year. 



I also took some inspiration from Pam Baldwin and turned my photos into tags.  


Again I added a bit of pattern to the side, with a sticker rounded to look like a tab and stitched in place.  My machine has red thread in it now and I probably won't change it much this month. 


I still needed a place to journal.  This one picture of Lakshman at the Capitol was too special not to print out.  

I used a red wooden star from the kit and a strip of washi at the bottom. 

I am using the Ali Edward's kit, with elements from Cocoa Daisy, Kelly Purkey and Paislee Press. 

Thanks for checking out my pages again!

I hope your holidays are filled with love! 

XOXO,
Niru

ps. You can see all of my December Daily posts here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...