Monday, December 10, 2018

December Daily | Days 6&7 Hanukkah Lights and the Yule Ball

Today my stories are about celebrating Hanukkah together and going to a "Yule Ball".  I included an extra vertical photo of the ball, so I used the space on the back to talk about Lakshman playing with our Christmas Tsum Tsum's and his picture.

I used an old diamond transparency, cut in half to be a star of David embellishment for my Hanukkah page.  I don't have any dedicated stuff, so I get to improvise.  Fun! 

I printed out two 4x6 photos and then printed out my journaling and glued it on top.  The circle chipboard just barely fit int he leftover space. 

I added some gold foil letters asa title. 

the facing page is a transparency.  I already have the date recorded so I just used a title from the kit, cut to fit inside the circle. 




The pages together in the album.

The other side of the wood veneer holds the next day's date.  The large white number stickers are also from the main kit.

I cannot tell you what a dream it is to watch Lakshman play with those holiday Tsum Tsums over and over.  When I buy these things, I never can count on them lasting more than one season.  He is so in love with them, I just feel like a really great shopper and mom. Ha! 

I added a few red stars to match the big red star on the next page.  I rounded the outside edges of the 4x6.  
It is one photo with the picture and text printed together.  There is a strip of patterned paper glued in between this and another 4x6 photos, so that I didn't have to punch any holes in my photos.


Rarely, if ever do i get pictures back that I want to preserve. The photobooth here had a real photgrapher, with a real camera and a real photo printer. With great lighting to boot. I had to keep these pictures simple. The letters are on the outside of the page protector. Sometimes you don’t know how long letter glue will last, but foam and foil ones have been pretty good so I took my chances. The star is glued to the outside as well. 

I used a Studio Calico Harry Potter stamp set here o. The 3X4 card. I have gotten so much use out of that set. 
It is one of my all-time favorites. 





My HP pages in the album. 


Thanks for checking out my pages again!

I hope your holidays are filled with love and special memories! 

XOXO,
Niru

ps. You can see all of my December Daily posts here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...