Tuesday, December 11, 2018

December Daily | Day 8 Gingerbread Houses

This is another Austin activity that is turning into a yearly tradition for our family.  I love going out to make Gingerbread houses.  They buy all the candy and no icing is dripped all over the floor at home. 

The houses do all break on the way home though.  Can't win them all. 

But, how cute is that gingerbread man? I haven't shown it to Lakshman yet because I am afraid he will appropriate it. 

 I find it really easy to type up journaling on a 4x6 piece of photo paper and then attach it to my photos.  I have lots of templates from years past of December Daily, but skipping them is that much simpler.

I do like to leave a little space around the edges for embellishments.  I added a gold foil number and stamped a sentiment on top.  Love the mix of fonts.

We also saw Santa that day, the sticker is from a different Kelly Purkey kit.

I have a ton of these printed transparencies, and I decided to add one here in between pages. 

I added an extra photo enlargement of me and Nandini.  The patterned paper is from the Kelly Purkey TN kit.  I was never really planning on doing a TN this month, but the other kit I wanted was sold out.  And, I really love these papers and the quality so it was worth it for me.

 The full picture. The stickers are from a SC paislee press kit. 

Someone asked me for a tutorial on making tags, so I put together a little video I had taken a few days ago.  These tags are made out of photos, but you can make them from patterned paper too just as easily. 

This is the hole reinforcer punch that I use, and I love it! 


Thanks for checking out my pages again!

I hope your holidays are filled with magic and joy! 

XOXO,
Niru

ps. You can see all of my December Daily posts here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...