Saturday, December 22, 2018

December Daily | Day 17 the Best Time of the Year

 
Today is the story a Monday around the house and running errands.  We took the kids to school and Ryan to work. We stopped by Lakshman's school for  a bit.  I have tons more teacher gifts to prepare and I am still working on it.  14 more!

While I work on my December Daily and Cocoa Daisy projects at home, Lakshman putters around the room with his toys.  And I find my daily story. 
I have this bright and colored numbered tree advent calendar which you fill yourself.  It is turning into a family tradition at this point and the kids eagerly awaited it again this year.  I fill it with sweets or little toys, erasers or marbles. Anything small enough to be a choking hazard next year basically. 


I slightly enlarged the canvas of this close up toy shot to include space for my journaling.  I printed the picture slightly smaller than 6x8 so I could back the page with patterned paper.  This paper is from the Cocoa Daisy kit, Pen and Ink. 

I also included some older number and star stickers.  


Lakshman posed for a picture with his animals and I had to include that too.  I actually made a pretty neat slide out photo.  You simply grasp the tab and pull.  I lined the area under the larger photo with a glassine bag so the photo could glide easily. 

I still ended up with part of the photo sticking out from underneath even when it was pushed all the way in so I put a strip of gold washi along the edge. 
A quick video of my photo slide in action. I love the real pop up book feel of this.  It makes me want to try some real pop up stuff next.  

Have you ever tried something like that in your December Daily? 



Thanks for checking out my pages again!

I hope your holidays are filled with love and magic! 

XOXO,
Niru

ps. You can see all of my December Daily posts here

Some of the supplies I am using:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...