Friday, August 20, 2010

I never found Avinash's gender before he was born. And I am really torn about whether or not to find out this time around. My family seems to assume that I should. I have always thought it wasn't that important. I mean, as long as the baby is healthy the gender shouldn't matter right?

Now, I am dying to have a little girl while Ryan wants a baby brother for Avinash. Not that it would change our love either way. I remember reading that the proof that our society lack gender equality is this: What is the first question people ask when they find out a baby was born? Is it a boy or girl?

I guess that was partially why I decided not to find out ahead of time. Finding out now would feel like giving in. But, it's true. I really do care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...