I love family vacations at Disney World and taking lots of pictures. It is nice to get some posed shots in front of the castle on Main Street but I really love to get fun, candid and unique shots. Here are some of my favorite spots.
1. The fireworks behind the castle. You have way less crowds and it is the closest to the fireworks you can get.
2. On the dumbo ride. Especially if you get a day with big white fluffy clouds in the sky.
3. Inside Belle's cottage. The props are so lifelike and the lighting is way better than inside the enchanted tale's with Belle experience.
4. Riding the carousel. We used to skip this ride, but our kids love it and you can get some great shots with the castle in the background.
5. Another great place to get a castle picture (blurry background!) is on the little lawn at the front of Main Street. Get down very low and you can get pictures without all those crowds in the background.
6. On the tea cups. I just love getting to capture that moment of joy. This ride is ideal for pictures. Not only is it naturally lit, but the seats are round so you can sit directly across from your subject.
7. The wheel of peril. This is in the line for Goofy's Barnstormer. This is an old ride that got a fun face lift this summer.
8. The lampost on the way to Storybook Circus. The ground is slightly raised here so you can get another great picture here without any distracting crowds in the background.
9. Sleeping in a princess dress or costume. This is so the way Disney World is, isn't it? All that fun and excitement just tires them out so quickly. Is there anything sweeter?
10. The mirror in the Castle Couture store in Fantasyland. A Disney photo pass photographer grabbed my camera and had me pose here one year. I was pregnant with Nandini at the time. I hope that we always come back and take a picture together at this spot.
There are a lot of great Disney ideas and planning tips out there, I love to keep track of them on pinterest as well. So fun to look through!
I hope this gives you some ideas. The most important thing is to just relax and have fun. Your pictures will be awesome and precious, because they are yours.