Friday, January 28, 2011

New baby ETA

I have butterflies in my stomach.  And it is not the baby kicking me which feels more like, well, actual kicks. 

I set up a date for an induction in March.  The whole reality of the situation is starting to freak me out a bit.  So much uncertainty and excitement.

Luckily the dates I chose with my doctor coincide with the travel plans my parents have already made. 

I really don't know what else to do.  Is there anything I can really do to prepare?  We have a crib, I bought a diaper pail and tons of diapers today.  My mom is bringing all of Avi's old baby clothes and car seat which she was storing for me in PA.  I of course have bought a few new little outfits on my own too ;)

I am just nervous and scared right now.  And happy.  And excited.  (This may also have something to do with the fact that I had a latte after my doctor's appointment, probably my first cup of coffee in weeks..)

What else is going on since we got back from our whirlwind month of vacations?

I have been craving Indian food all week, but my appetite is under control again finally. 

We are trying to potty train Avinash, so far the only enticement that has any effect is gum.  I think I need to take it up a notch soon. 

Avi has been talking well and sings to himself all the time.  He also still loves baby mm (dumbo) and asks to watch the DVD everyday.  I try to limit it to once every few days as much as I can.  He also loves his new dumbo book and always wants to draw baby mms when we color. 

We have been doing lots of playdates, story times and crafts.

He is so expressive and cute.  When I tell him no (and he chooses to listen), he looks down and says 'ohhh' very dejectedly. 

New baby is a definite night owl, I can feel almost nothing all day and then bam! the party starts right after midnight every night.

Avinash talks about his cousin Lo-ily all the time and wants to know where she is.  I miss california and hanging out with Mona didi so much too, but we are settling back into our old routine here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...