Monday, April 21, 2014

Jenni Bowlin Studios | Swing.

I got to work with the new collection Bright Travels by Lisa Dickinson for Jenni Bowlin.  I just love the vintage stamps and star motifs with the aqua and red color scheme.  I have been thinking about color a lot more since I took the Color Studio class and I had a lot of fun playing around with it here.

I started with the blues in the collection and decided to pair them with a photo of Avinash on his favorite tree swing at the Wildflower Center.  I added in some reds from the collection as well in strips under my photo.  To bring this out more I added a striped label sticker and a milkcap button, creating a visual triangle with the color.  To highlight the colors more I added in some watercolor.  Lots of blues, with just a hint of golden yellow.  Almost a split complementary though technically I should have used more of an orange.  I'm thinking the gold makes up for that.  I wanted something to contrast all the dreamy blues on the page and added some India ink to the chipboard letters in the title.  I love the way India ink looks on a page.  So opaque and, well, inky. I splattered a little into my watercolor for good measure.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...