Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pin to Page: You're a Good Egg Layout

Welcome to the another installment of from Pin to Page on my blog.  I intended to make this a regular feature on my blog, so get ready for the third post in only eight months.  I know, I'm like a machine.

Seriously though, I do spend way too much time browsing Pinterest and shockingly little time doing anything at all with said pins.

I keep looking at this pin.  So I decided to do something with it.  I love the idea of decorating wooden eggs, but my god, have you seen the cost?  No way I am paying $5 per egg.  Playing with paper it is!



This is what I did with it.  I got my Studio Calico kit super early this month so I pulled all of my papers and elements from that.  I choose a neutral background patterned paper but added a little more depth to it with watercolor.  Then I couldn't stop myself and I watercolored the other patterned paper I used here.  For the eggs I used a mix of patterned paper, washi tape, watercolor, colored vellum and stamps. 

I wanted to share the cut file I made with you as well.  If you like it, I'd love it if you would share it with your friends on pinterest, twitter, etc. 
Download the free cutting file here.

You can find my other Pin to Page posts here, and my other Freebie posts here.

4 comments:

  1. I think Pinterest has actually made me less creative somehow. I spend forever looking and pinning and zero time actually doing. I love the idea of this series. I think ideally I would do a project a week...not EVER going to happen though :o)
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the eggs. Totally going to have to play around with those this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting via SITSsharefest! thanks for the Easter inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page and idea!! I love how people get inspired to make a scrapbook page from seeing something non-scrapbook... I haven't tried it, but I'd like to make a scrapbook page based off a color scheme or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is very fun and adorable! Thanks for the file.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...