Friday, November 29, 2013

Letterpress and Glitter: Holiday Projects

I am at home right now.  We are spending extra time here for Thanksgiving since at 8 months I won't really be able to travel for Christmas.  We have family in town and it is a ton of fun to hang out with them again.
One of my cousin's let me help her with a scrapbook she was making for her dad.
She had done all the leg work in terms of photos and words, so really I just had to put it together.  I brought a small box of crafty stuff here (in our only bag so large it had to be checked, I'm crazy - I know), so I had a limited supply to work from.  I am proud to say I got it all done in one night.  I used neutral cardstock to print out the words and then pasted down pictures.  I used simple embellishments like washi, a few tags and some enamel dots here and there.  I stamped names on it because I really had no letter stickers or anything with me.  I think the effect was simple, classic and cohesive.
I make a lot of scrapbooks but I rarely see people looking them over in person on such a large scale.   It was really fun watching people look through it all night.

I have a new item in my shop too - letterpress cards!  I had so much fun creating these cards, most of the letterpress plates are from Studio Calico.  I used silver ink and a little red and teal as well.  I just love that color combo so much.

My washi tape samplers have obviously been really popular so I added a holiday set as well.  This set is cool because it comes with red and gold glitter twine and glitter ribbon.  Check out the Christmas washi tape sampler here.  I really had fun with the colors here, lots of red, green, silver and gold with pops of teal, chalkboard and lime.

I also added these gorgeous handmade, layered, die cut and glittered acorns.  So cute for wintery and holiday projects.


I have also been working on custom die cuts.  You can get custom 12x12 pages made or custom sets of polaroids.  I make these a lot with people's initials for weddings and stuff.  If you have a silhouette machine I have a couple of freebies you can get here: Merry&bright and stacked arrows.

Thank you to everyone for all your support of me and my Etsy shop this year.  Use the code WASHI to get 10% off any order!







1 comment:

  1. Hi there

    I am a new follower and have a question in regards to your shop, can you email me terrigrothe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...