I know the thing is 'five for Friday', but I barely knew when Friday was. November is just flying by. I can't believe I haven't blogged at all this month yet. Well, here is what we have been up to.
1. Celebrating. We celebrated Diwali. Once in Houston (by chance) and a week later in Austin. Both temples are very different but still lovely. Avinash
2. Dancing. I still love just sitting and watching Avinash at his ballet class. His whole face just lights up joy as he leaps across the room. Nandini likes to copy him but was too shy to try the class at the Y. A few days later a friend invited her to a different ballet class and she danced for almost three hours (without me!). Now, just have to wait for her to turn 3 so she can take her own classes as well.
3. Coughing, aka The Black Lung. If you know me, you know this was a problem from like winter 2001-summer 2008. It somehow cleared up but it does come back with a vengeance every once in a while. That and being six months pregnant has really knocked me out. Luckily no fever, but everything else. I have been staying in and letting the kids watch as much TV as they like. My doctor sent me to the hospital to get checked out for pre-term labor. That was awful but everything turned out to be fine. Does ever twinge make me nervous now anyway? Absolutely.
4. Scrapping. I have been working on a ton of Project Life pages. I finished all of October and am almost caught up. I have lost all count of what week is what though. I stretched our Disney trip into two spreads, even though the second week we were only there for one day. Still counts! Will share those pages on here soon!
5. Loving the new christmas goodies at Target. They have so much cute stationery in the dollar spot. All metallics and kraft. Plus, these insanely gorgeous wooden trees in the gift wrap/holiday section by Paper Chase. Target does it again!
6. Ordering some holiday cards already. If you haven't seen this deal yet, it is worth checking out. Minted is the best quality, and they have so many cute new options like gold foil and ornament cards. Ends Monday 11/11: $25 off + Free Shipping on all holiday cards. Code: JOY25FS. Choose Express Service for an extra $20 off, you can get more than a total of $45 off your order that way! Plus if you use my personal referral link we both get a $25 credit which you can use on any $100 order (before coupons).