Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Ikea Finds: Scrappy Organization 12 things in one box for Project Life.


 I definitely have a problem when it comes to staying organized.  I love Studio Calico but with a monthly delivery stuff tends to pile up.  Especially because for a long time I had the "I need to stock up" mentality.  That is over now.  I am stocked.

Before we moved I had a lot of stuff in saved the project life boxes.  I transferred things that were loose in my printers tray to more boxes and just kept them all in there after we unpacked.  (Still finding a place for my printers tray.)  I liked that it kept things sorted but it wasn't very practical because I was opening each box every five minutes looking for things.


Enter the new Tjena paper boxes from Ikea.  They are $3-5 depending on size.  They go up to 12.5x13, which is perfect for storing patterned paper.  I love these medium boxes the most though because of the compartments.  I have one compartment for pens, letters, seqiuns, shipping tags, paper clips, tiny attacher, labels, chipboard, frames and envelopes.  3x4 journaling cards fit perfectly inside.  Stars got their own compartment too, because, well, why not?  We are all made of stars.

I used my second for washi tape.  This is not my full collection but if I filled the compartments to the top it would be less useful.   

I am going to keep these in my raskog for easy access.  The rest of the house is making pretty good progress too.  How about you?  Any great new organization tips to share for project life or otherwise?

See more of my Project Life posts here.  I am planning a post about my new album storage next!

linked up with the mom creative.

6 comments:

  1. Those boxes are awesome! Love what you did with them! (And I love the yellow - such a happy color!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! And so super cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to organize. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why oh why isn't there an Ikea in Hawaii?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, love your "I am stocked" comment. The boxes are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could use one or two or several for my washi stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...