Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Penny Arcade Layouts and How to get a Free Studio Calico kit!

http://www.studiocalico.com/welcome?ref=68b3ebfb
Studio Calico has a great offer right now if you are thinking about trying them out.  With twopeas closing I think it is a great way to get fresh product on the regular.  Plus, the cost of a new kit ($20-30) is more than what it costs to cancel a subscription ($15), so if you ever feel like cancelling you will have more than gotten your money's worth.  I sub to all three kits and find them a great value.  Plus, they just make scrapbooking fun.

http://www.studiocalico.com/welcome?ref=68b3ebfb
This is what this month's main kit looks like. Many of the papers are by artist Ashley G and have this great fresh and exquisite feel to them. 

I tend to mix and match my kits, but here what I have created using (mostly) Penny Arcade so far:


Science Club| I just love making science-y layouts and this is as science-y as they come.  I have a package of Crate Paper die cuts I am trying hard to use up so I added those to this page as well.  I don't love the look of my handwriting and they help to break up the lengthy journaling on this page.  I die cut the word awesome directly on the photo.  It shows up much better in person.  The strip of black and white paper from the kit on the side really helps give this page a more graphic feeling.


Gudiya & Mish Matalie| Another stamped and watercolored title here, though much softer with the yellow ombre color instead. I don't know why, but I just love the colored paper doilies in this kit.  Actually, everything in this layout is from the kit.  I love the pink paper and was scared to use all of it so I combined it with different patterned strips.  I scattered the stamps and wood chips for embellishments. A very easy page to pull off.


hello Fireflies| I made these stenciled star circles a few months ago and was waiting to use them.  I combined them with this month's alphas and chipboard embellishments for a quick page about the magic of summertime.  I love the ethereal feel of this layout. 


4 Months|  Does the title make sense?  My husband couldn't figure it out.  (*hint the heart is an O).  Ha.  Non-scrappers wouldn't get that I guess.  I used mostly the card kit for this page.  I was actually inpsired by the monthly moodboard and decided the little color coded circles at the bottom looked like the circles from the washi tape this month.  I stamped white paint on the kraft paper and just stuck the washi circles on top. 




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layouts, love how bright and vibrant they are especially love the last two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvelous stitching. Yes, I get the "4 months" title! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...