Thursday, July 28, 2016

Week in the Life | Tuesday Pages 2016

Two posts in less than a month?  I know, I'm like a machine! 

This is my second installment of my Week in the Life album this year.  This days cover photo turned out to be one of the favorite photos of the entire project.  

I love how taking photos repeatedly over a week really pushes me to look for new angles and try new things.  
I entirely used my iPhone this year for simplicity's sake.  

I just used a bubble wand to frame this photo and was lucky enough to have it turn out in focus! 

I ended up printing this photo out more than once by accident.  I cut one of the photos down to 3x8 and added a translucent overlay on top of it.  I love the lift the flap aspect it adds to the spread.  



On the back I added a little acrylic paint to some patterned paper and stapled on of the large plastic letters from Ali's kit to the back. 

Documenting a larger story on a shippping tag.  I could have typed it but adding in lines helps me keep my handwriting a little bit neater at least. 

So happy to get random little stories, like Avi's splinter removal, recorded too. 

I saved a seed packet that Lakshman planted for the album.  I don't think those broccoli ever did grow. 

 Repeating the week in the life stamps several times in a row here on this journaling card. Lots of yellow this day popping up again.



I added another 3x8 insert with back to back photos this time.  One side cozy (napping) and the other one wild (climbing the ladder).  That pretty much describes our life.


 Typed journaling on photos.  Takes a little bit longer to do up front, but I'm always so happy with the final result.  I love finding little bits of chipboard stickers to fit in on top of it.

I included another coin pocket page.  I alternated photos with transparency squares from an old SC kit.  I initially had them directly in the pockets, leaving them a little bit see through.  They ended up feeling too dark that way so I just back them with white paper stapled on.  This really lightened the look.  A scattering of white stars helped too. 



On the back I focused on photos from around the garden.  I could fill a whole album with these.

I just love it when my sticker fits my journaling perfectly.  Nothing better.


Stay tuned for the rest of my album.  You can see all my Week in the Life posts here

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...