Friday, July 2, 2010

Downpour.



It has been raining here steadily for the past three days. Supposedly today is the last day of it.

I was so worried when we got home from California because all of our plants looked so parched and barren. I had hoped it would rain a lot and revive them. Now I'm worried that they are going to get flooded! The tomatoes did not make it at all, but at least we had several nights of fresh tomatoes at dinner. The mint looked totally dead, but I pruned it and it seems to have made a recovery. The basil is still going strong thankfully. All of the bougainvillea needed dead branches cut off but whatever little flowers there were on there have been washed away by rain. My little orange tree is still clinging tenaciously to its few fruit. The best thing about it was the flowers, so amazingly fragrant.

Our previous 'exercise' routine of walking for 30 minutes a night has also been put on hold because of the rains. I hope we can get back on track soon. I can already feel my waistline expanding, sigh.

Still, I love the sight of all the rain pouring down outside. Avinash and I love dancing in the rain, Bollywood-movie style (minus the white outfits).



We actually sprung a leak in the apartment today. I found a huge puddle in the bedroom apparently from water leaking in through the walls. No one can come to repair it until Tuesday. Let's hope that we don't get flooded in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...