Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Update.

Just a little update.

Our new baby is currently 17 weeks and 3 days along. Supposedly my womb is now the size of a large honeydew melon. LARGE.

And it definitely shows. But I know this is only the beginning. I always read these produce comparisons, but where do you go from large honeydew? A watermelon I guess!

We are calling the baby 'new baby' for now and call Avinash 'old baby' to avoid confusion. We figured that this works on a couple of levels since he is getting older, not that he is old news or anything, ha. (I'm sure most normal people don't mock their children like this.) I told Ryan the other day that Avinash could also be 'original baby', and he's like, 'oh as in original recipe?' Apparently he didn't get the OG reference, sigh.

Anyway, this is our first real new baby picture, taken around 12 weeks. We did have one taken around 8 weeks but the blurry fuzz was less exciting.


I love how you can already see the profile of the face! My dad hasn't seen it yet, but I'm sure he thinks it looks like him. I remember when we had an ultrasound picture of Avinash's foot that he thought resembled his own, haha.


And, here it is...my first 'belly shot' taken around 15 weeks. Not sure how people can bear to post these weekly. Though I was really excited at my 16 week checkup to find out that I hadn't gained any weight since my last visit. Of course this feeling was quickly deflated when I went back in today a week later and found out that I had magically gained 4 pounds in a week. My pregnancy appetite is definitely back. I actually really like that feeling, but know that I need to control myself! At least all the left over birthday cake and cupcakes are finally gone.

Just in case you needed more proof, here is what we discovered when I stood in front of the thermal scanner at the natural history museum.




New baby already has it's own thermal signature!! Our big ultrasound is in two weeks where we can find out the gender. I'm getting so excited but am still undecided. What do you think? Should we find out this time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...