Saturday, October 30, 2010

~18 weeks

Growing, growing, growing...


The baby is getting bigger too!
Finally big enough to feel all the little kicks!!
I painted my hands for Karvachauth on Tuesday. Before heading out to the mandir, I was relaxing on the couch and felt the first definite flutters. I think it was telling me that it was hungry too! Ryan was so thrilled when he found out. He was just beaming and put his hands on my belly and tried to feel it too for the next fifteen minutes. I didn't have the heart to tell him that it would probably be a while before he could feel it too.


I love how we combine our traditions with technology. Ryan checked the moonrise times beforehand. I looked up the only area mandir having a Karvachauth katha online. When we got there, we were of course late. So, Sameer looked up the story on his phone and read it to us.





Garima and I couldn't remember any of the songs, so we just pulled some up on Youtube while we were waiting for the moon.




Luckily I downloaded a star map onto my Droid so we could tell exactly what direction the moon would be. (Instead of the usual 360 degree search).




Then of course we looked up the nearest Indian place by rating and called to beg them to keep the kitchen open past 9:20. All in all a pretty fun evening actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...