Friday, December 10, 2010

Feeling festive!

I love decorating for the holidays. At home it feels so cozy spending cold nights cuddled up inside with lights twinkling all around. We don't get quite the same effect in Houston. And even though we were too lazy to get a tree here, I'm really happy with the final look.
I actually had the lights up since Diwali in the living room. I got a really beautiful ornament garland and threw in on top of our ladder rail. Gives it quite the mantle effect.

I added these colored lights to our entrance way as well.  I wanted to put up more lights and this was the only place I could find to hang them.  Avinash has been so transfixed with them.  Here's hoping he doesn't try to put them in his mouth (anymore).


Ryan and I spent the last few nights making these paper ornaments.  Not really having anywhere to hang them I sort of scattered them around the apartment.  Some are in vases in the kitchen and a lot are just hanging out on the bookshelf. 

Don't worry I had Hanukkah stars too, which I hung on the windows.  I like how they look during the day but the picture didn't turn out great.  I also got this cranberry bead garland that is now dnagling from some light fixtures.  As well as icicle lights I put up outside on the terrace.  These are totally outshined now by our neighbors displays, but I still like them even if they can't be seen outside.

And that is my little Christmas tour of our apartment.  Goodnight!


2 comments:

  1. I came over from the Nester's tour. I really like your colored lights. I am using brighter colors this year as well. Your paper ornaments are neat as well. Do they take long to make? Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! I love these matte globe lights from Target, something different you know?

    The paper ornaments are from a martha stewart paper kit, but you could do the same thing with 20 punched circles and some glue. I made 20 ornaments and it took about three evenings of work. It goes faster if you can enlist help in folding the paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...