Sunday, April 10, 2011

Almost four weeks old!

Nandini is almost four weeks old!  I can't believe.  Time has flown by.  And alternately stood still, because it feels like years ago since I gave birth to her.  It seems like a lot has been going on.  I mean, mostly it is just nursing and sleeping.  But other than that.

Let's see....

her umbilical stump fell off.  [I saved it in an envelope.  You know, (as explained to me by Dad's aunt) in case she has to go to court or something.]

took her to the doctor twice about the seemingly excessive vomiting thing.  Each time was reassured and discovered she was gaining weight at an above average rate.  This is a totally new experience for me at the pediatrician's office.  I'm just wondering how she can be gaining over a pound a week while my weight loss has stymied.  Blargh.  At three weeks she weighed 8 pounds, 13 ounces (!).  Exclamation point in parantheses to denote my own shock, while the sentence itself is not that exciting.

missed seeing her first 'roll' from her tummy to her back.  She has yet to repeat this act in front of us, but I suspect that she is too heavy now to turn herself over again for a while.

invited a friend over for her first play date.  Mostly they ignored each other, cried, and generally wanted attention from their mommies while we drank coffee.  At least I enjoyed it.  I guess she doesn't really care about 'seeing babies' yet.


ventured out of the house to go strawberry picking at a farm almost an hour away.  Later discovered the same farm sells their strawberries at Central Market.  Oh well, I'm sure she vicariously enjoyed all of the homemade strawberry shortcake anyway.

suddenly started sleeping better two days ago.  She seems to like being bundled up and sleeps by herself better on the couch than in her own crib.  She still likes to wake up every morning at 2 am and get her drink on.  (Ryan said this yesterday in the middle of the night, I love it.)


can hold her head up for longer than a few seconds now.

had her second photo shoot. A girl can never have too many.


loves to be held close to your chest.  Especially on Mommy.  She grabs on to my necklace all the time while getting cozy.



luckily, she doesn't seem to mind being made fun of by her parents yet. Like when we make her walk across the room to get to us (not really). Or when we mock her for being hungry all the time. Ooops. I figure she doesn't really understand right? Apparently, Ryan has the sinking suspicion that she can understand us, but has been mocking her anyway. Very nice honey.  At least we haven't done this yet..

she is starting to look around more and more. She usually seems to be staring at the lights, but has more moments when she looks right at us.

and generally is just becoming more adorable and more precious every day.  She is certainly living up to her name, bringing so much joy into our lives.  Love you Nandini.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...