Tuesday, September 18, 2012

School Pages

I had so much fun scrapping pictures from Avinash's first day of school.  I made two pages and I still feel like I could make a few more, heehee.



I made this page for One Story Down, using lots of printables and a digi stamp set as a mask and a guide for a die cut as well.  Of course I had to use my school- themed washi tapes: math class, yellow airmail and math notes (do you think I'll buy anything with the words math in the name?  yes, yes I will).  Putting this up for the tape challenge at Simon Says Stamp! too. 



I love this picture of Avinash and my Dad, they are such a strong pair and I'm glad he was here for Avi's first day.  I made this page with this month's SC kit the night it arrived.  My favorite part is the library card and apple paper cips. 

And in fairness, because I'm nothing if not fair, here are some pages about Nandini's naming ceremony over the summer using Amy Tangerine Sketchbook line.  The doodling reminds me of a mehndi design, so it was just perfect for this.
I fussy cut lots of paisleys here and added pearls and doily sequins as well.


I also used some of the Michael's version of the Amy Tangerine paper, which also came with yummy vellum and tons of these tags.  Had so much fun glittering this vellum using Martha Stewart chunky glitter.  It's not exactly a two pager, but they do coordinate well.

8 comments:

  1. aaawww such cute layouts and sweet memories!! I love them both, such great style you have. It's really awesome that you still do layouts and keep up with PL, my scrapping is way behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I actually do a lot of layouts, just get too lazy to post them :)

      Delete
  2. love the second page. those apple clips are oh-so-cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layouts, great pop of colour and love your use of tape. The apple clips are adorable. Beautifully embellished pages. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all let me say that you have beautiful children! :) Your layouts to commemorate their first day of school are beautifully done. I really love your designs and your use of the washi tape. They are colorful and fun! Thanks for sharing them with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS!!!! ALL OF THEM!!!! You are amazing and your use of color just rocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your layouts are so pretty.
    I love the bright colours, the layering and all the embellishments you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya, thank you for sharing your fabulous layouts with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, you have beautifull children and what a fun way for remembering their first day at school, thank you for sharing Hugs terry xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...