Tuesday, December 5, 2017

December Daily | Day 4 Four Seasons Gingerbread Open House

One of our favorite local events is the Gingerbread Open House at the Four Seasons.  They provide cider and cookies and everyone gets to meet Santa.  They have a big display of Gingerbread in the lobby with a different theme every year.  

Going here is one of our favorite traditions.  My pictures turned out so well last year and my spread.  I just don't know if this years compares.  It is less cutesy but it has a simple style. 

I did wide white borders on my 3x4 photos divided page. I added a little line of text to Nandini's photo (a dress worth twirling in...) and added a few stars. 

I used a Paislee Press card and chipboard.  I like all the chic black and white in that kit.

I used the six hole punch Ali Edwards recommended (from Amazon) to add this Kelly Purkey TN kit paper.  I punched a large circle and stamped a sentiment from that kit inside. 
I love have elements go right over the edge.  I stapled another star on top.  

Also, look at Lakshman's eyes.  Just sparkling with pure joy. 



I had so many pictures to include.  Especially this one of Lakshman.  I can't resist bokeh.  I've noticed my iPhone portrait mode doesn't really do bokeh.  I used my dSLR for this with the lowest f stop that it has (f/3.5 for my lens). 

The stickers are also from the KP kit.  

 Acetate star plus chipboard Santa sticker.  This page flips up to show more pictures.  I stapled an old holiday tab sticker to the side.  This year's kit has white and red ones.

The flip up. 

These stars are cut outs from yesterdays die cut page.  I typed my journaling again.  The four tab is from a letterpressed page in the Kelly Purkey kit.  I was so not sure about cutting it up, but I did it.  Sigh.  

 I added a strip of gold star vellum to the top photo and stitched a perforated sentiment on with gold thread.  



Thanks for checking out my pages again!

I hope you are getting your fill of cookies and cider too! 

XOXO,
Niru

ps. You can see all of my December Daily posts here.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pages. How did you do the flip up? Did you use a Fuse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I just used washi tape behind the bottom photo and in between the two photos on top of it. Hope that makes sense.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...