Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Project Life - Aquarium

I took a million pictures when my Dad and brother where here visiting.  Most of my pictures were from our outings, but I did include a few instagrams and random stories here and there.  Not every story gets told, but that's okay.  I used lots of One Story Down printables and thickers mostly. 

This is my full spread.  I usually forget to take a picture of this every week.  Will try to go back and add some in.  

 Love this arrow stamp to frame tiny instagram prints (top left). I stamped 'next to you is my favorite destination' as well.  Love that phrase, so fitting in so many ways here. I used one more Everyday Eclectic card with these really cute surf blue thickers. I think it matches the haze of this cell phone pic well.  I did use 'cross process' to warm it up a little.
One more random story was our trip to the Disney store.  I take them to the mall play area every once in a while (they play, I drink Starbucks, it's win-win), but something about the new Disney store just really excited all of us.  They both loved the little princess castle with 'magic' mirrors.  I don't think we put anything too girly-girl on Nandini, but all on her own, she loved it.  I used some Amy Tangerine orange grid paper, pink label sticker with white foam thickers.  The font just seemed Disney-ish to me.

 I stamped and embossed lovely on this printable journaling card. Love the bright green with aqua.

I made a digital collage of some OSD papers and elements.  With Nandini's hair and dress counted, there are three bows on this one pocket.  I keep random stamped and embossed sentiments in my stash.  This seemed to fit.

I found some old-ish glitter thickers.  They are dear lizzy, from a few years back.  My Dad elected to just watch us on the carousel.  I love all the lights on this old style carousel.  There isn't much story here, just a fun ride (times five!).  I am going to be scrapping these carousel pictures a lot too I think.

 Page two.  More green, blue and little bit of red. I really do love that bottom right photo. The faces are a bit fuzzy, but everybody looks so natural and happy. I added a camera veneer (misted in gold), naturally.

 I paired the surf thickers with one more pippa's card from OSD. I like the rainbow effect and mix of fonts.





I typed out this long, funny quote from Avi.  It's a little tough to read, but you can make it out better in real life.  Avi is trying to convince Nana to swing him around in the sheet, I love how he uses flattery to get what he wants.  The quote reads "Nana, you the best. You learned so many things.  I gonna tell you something, first make an X, then a little circle, then a big circle, then do this and then me and Nandini going to sleep." HA! The flair is new Ormolu. 

What else? Just lots of little bits like colored paperclips (Target), random wooden ruler, glitter thickers, letter stickers etc.  As always, let me know if you have any questions.  Linked up with The Mom Creative for Project Life Tuesday.  The PL kit I am using is the Clementine kit. Thank you so much to everyone in this wonderful community. I love all the feedback and looking at everything people do each week. It definitely keeps me motivated. Also, feel free to include a link to your projects in the comments so we can check them out too!


13 comments:

  1. Love it! and thanks for all that useful links ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! seeing this reminded me i havent finished last week's spread. shoot. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous! I love the collage photos from the aquarium. You got some great candid shots from the visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so bright and fun!! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fun and colorful spread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always...LOVE your layouts. Love all the bright colors & all your stickers. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all those thickers! You always use such cute products. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous page! I just adore all the bright colors.

    Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photo's and I love all the brightness on your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I did project life, I would totally want it to look like yours! Awesome color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love all this, so many sweet pictures of your kids and dad. Love the way you split a picture between two pockets. The jouranl spots are always fun on your pages, always creative. The 3 bows are cute, great job! All your sticker letters too make the pages even more colorful and fun.

    The aqua collage is soooo AWESOME!! Looks like lots of fun for all of you!

    Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks great!! love all the wonderful colors you use!!!








    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...