Monday, August 20, 2012

Project Life - Cherry on top

My Dad and brother were in town this past week so it was fun to share my album with them and see the varied reactions.  I showed them my die cut machine which my Dad likened to his engineer drafting software.  It was so nice to see his interest in the album and hear the pride in his voice as he looked through it. My brother wasn't that impressed. He suggested that I just get a 3-D printer instead so I can make my own wrench at home and stuff, ha!

I pulled out some old Sassafras for these Janmastami pictures.  Something about that brand that is very Indian, maybe all the mehndi motifs on the stickers.  I think this faded pink and yellow works well with any instagrams too. By the way, I totally had to use the letter stickers here because I messed writing on the photo in white and had to cover it up. No biggie.
The picture of Avi swinging in a tree is from a week or two ago, but I forgot all about it.  Quite memorable since he is usually more risk averse than daredevil.  A kraft label and Chaps sticker. Still love that line.  Continued the kraft on these carousel pictures since the rest of the page is pretty busy. The entire page is actually cell phone pictures.

I glued on a camera to both sides of this transparency, and it looks quite seemless. My Dad loved the way Nandini looked written out in seafoam thickers. No, I didn't make those, they are just regular pre-made stickers.  But I did ink the edges in teal chalk if that helps!

So happy with this page.  Just feels so airy and light, with just enough color. Those echo park journaling cards are. just. the. best.  They are subtle, but fun and crisp.  They let my photos stand out, but aren't too dull or boring.  Plus, it is just one sheet paper that costs way less than a whole PL kit, so I can convince myself it's okay to buy a few just in case, ha! For the top and bottom, I went with a SC kit paper, both the yellow hexagon and gray circle sides.  Instant coordination done.
You can also see two Kelly Purkey stamps here on either side of the middle row.  They are just so fun to use. Nice to do a card about myself for a change.



I punched this circle from a large Martha Stewart address label. Plus naked chipboard, an SC stamp, wood stars and airmail washi.


IT'S MY JAM. Could there be a more perfect place to use this stamp? Two cherry references next to each other here.  The October afternoon stickers are old, but a very good collection.  I have hoarded that stuff for far too long.

What else? Just lots of little bits like colored paperclips (Target), random wooden ruler, glitter thickers, letter stickers etc.  As always, let me know if you have any questions.  Linked up with The Mom Creative for Project Life Tuesday.  The PL kit I am using is the Clementine kit. Thank you so much to everyone in this wonderful community. I love all the feedback and looking at everything people do each week. It definitely keeps me motivated. Also, feel free to include a link to your projects in the comments so we can check them out too!

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous week again! Funny how they look so serious even when they love a carousel or other ride at that age. I was looking through our Disney photos and my wee one is not smiling at all but she still talks about the trip nearly every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve the transparancy with the camera on it! Also love that you use one paper in several pockets KWIM :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for another week of your gorgeous pages. I think the paper in the first one is perfect for those pictures. LOVE LOVE the JAM photo and paper. You always do a good job at matching them up. It's so cool how you can spread things between two side by side pockets, they look so good. Still love that one of your little one walking, love this age.
    WOW, how great that your dad took the time to look and appreciate what your doing in the album. That is so nice of him and for you to feel even prouder. I love showing my PL to family also.

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this new SEAFOAM kit coming out!! The colors and designs are perfect and fun!! I bet you could do a lot with the core kit and your own stash but it would be less expensive for you also to just get the album only. I think all your goodies are amazing each week all on their own!! Tough decision!
    So glad I helped make your day a little better yesterday. HUGS TO YOU ON THIS NEW SCHOOL WEEK, it's very tough for us moms to let go. I've been there and am still there with teens. Trusting someone else with your child and hoping that all is ok for them is a HUGE part of being a mom. Glad he did ok though and be proud for him, you are raising him right and doing a great job. Yes you are a good mama! HUGS and prayers for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love both of your pages and the it's my jam picture couldn't have been more perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful page! I love your bight colors. Just beautiful.

    Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bright colors! What a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pages! Always so bright and cheery. The jam photo is awesome!! Totally made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the jam photo/stamp are PERFECT! i am so behind on PL its almost unbearable. oh well, keep moving forward, right? loved looking at your spread!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great week! I get the same mixed reactions from my family too. Some of them get it and some of them don't but as long as you love it, that's all that matters! :) Love the jam photo and the she loves to walk photos. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I love the camera veneer...guess that is getting added to the shopping list ;-) I love Avi's pic in the bathtub with more bubbles than he can count and still wanting more! So cute! Anurag does that too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had to laugh about your family's different reaction! LOL!

    Your pages are so wonderful! Keep it up - looking forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun pages! Love the photos of the new walker -- too sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...