Thursday, March 27, 2014

Jenni Bowlin Studios| A Princess

Sunny Skies - Nirupama Kumar 

This is my latest DT project for Jenni Bowlin Digital. This page features the Sunny Skies Paper Pack. 
I was excited to play around with this set of papers after I saw them, especially the blue floral paper (Can you tell I used it alot here?).  I wanted to echo the dreamy feeling of the photo (and the day).

I used some Jenni Bowlin patterned paper and ledger paper to create a neutral background.  I scraped a layer of gesso on top of that.  Then I just scribbled on top with some gelatos and blended them in with my water brush.  I've noticed that they don't blend well when applied directly to paper, unless I use my water brush.  That is fine by me because that a lot easier for me to use anyway (I keep it filled up in my pen case, so I don't have to leave my spot to get water, lol.)
While I was waiting for all that to dry I started printing out some of the digital papers. I created a few 3x4 cards with the blue airmail paper and yellow flower paper.  Then I printed out a sheet of the blue floral paper on vellum.  For some reason my printer decided it no longer wanted to print on vellum.  No problem, I just taped my vellum to a piece of cardstock and it went through like a charm.  See? I'm a problem solver. I just love how digital allows you to choose your medium and the vellum was just perfect with this design.  I fussy cut the flowers off to use as embellishments.  Jenni Bowlin herself recently posted a great how to video for rub ons.  She shared her idea for applying rubons to vellum.  I did that here with my leftover blue vellum paper.  I love the softness it adds.

1 comment:

  1. This page is gorgeous!!!!! I love the colors and all the techniques you used!! That picture of your little girl is darling - gorgeous dress!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...