Wednesday, May 11, 2011

i guess we don't have to worry about her gathering moss...

We now have a regular little roller on our hands.  You know what this means...somebody is growing up.  No more unsupervised late nights on the couch for you young lady.

I had actually never seen her roll before, but did leave her in the living room on her tummy (for a second, I swear!) and came back to find her on her back.  She was only two weeks old at that point and had never repeated that feat.  I chalked it up to the fact that she is getting just a little to chunku for herself and can no longer lift her own body weight.  I mean the weight of her cheeks alone...

Of course she had to show off today at the doctor's office.  The pedi was commenting on how high she was lifting her head and asked if she could roll.  Two seconds after I said not really, our little miss rolled herself right over.  The doctor then put her on her tummy again and she did it again!  I guess that just shows how much credibility I have at the doctor's office (what's up with the mom who doesn't even know her child can roll!)..

And, in case you were wondering, her stats are really good too.  She is 9 pounds, 10 ounces and 22 inches long.  Which is 50%-ile!!  Shocking, I know.  Maybe she'll be the tall one in the family?  And, get a little payback on her older brother for all those overzealous hugs.  ;)

PS- thanks to Leanne for the gorgeous new bibs.  I was never into bibs because they tend to be sort of fugly, but these are really wonderfully made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...