Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fly


I have been creating a lot of scrapbook pages of our (several, eep!) Disney trips with Avinash.  I had been focusing on our day to day life and ended up letting our vacation photos sit in boxes for a long time.  I subscribed to Studio Calico over the summer.  I really like all the happy mail each month, and get a lot of layouts out of each kit.  Even with that I have lots of little things leftover.  I have been collecting every thing together and decided to use it all on my Disney pages.  Thus, I rarely have to go searching all over the place and the albums get some cohesiveness.  Luckily a lot of the stuff is available at Two Peas too.  This one required very few products to come together, love that!


This is one of my favorite pages to date (I could fill about half an album with all of my dumbo related pages probably definitely).  Luckily, Avinash loves reliving the memories and going through the scrapbooks with me.  Nandini enjoys crawling all over me and the scrapbook, trying to get all the buttons off so she can put them in her mouth (ok, she also loves to eat paper too-NOBODY FEEDS HER ENOUGH!). 


I extended the lines from the patterned paper strip to where the imaginary sun was and watermark stamped this circle in the center, then heat embossed it in yellow.  Next poked holes along the lines and stitched with embroidery floss.  Does that count as geometry?  I tried to recreate the motion of the ride by placing my photos all around.  I used the black chalkboard stickers to create contrast with all the light colors and highlight my favorite photos.  I love the look of aqua with pretty much anything and the Hambly transparency was the perfect thing to add a subtle extra touch of color while keeping my 'white space' layout clean and not too busy.  The dumbo sign is a picture of a canvas I took at Hollywood Studio animation gift shop (so cheap, I know).  I also added a little Amy Tangerine hoop sticker because of the feather (just like Dumbo's!) but put the word Fly on it with BG letter stickers instead of life.  I wrote on the chalkboard stickers with white pen because the colored pencil wasn't working.  A bit of yellow chevron paper and washi tape and I was done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...