Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Project Life - Birthday Week

This is my project life from last week (all of my posts are a week behind).  I am still working on my week in the life album and am really glad that I started on it early.

{page one} I took lots of pictures on my actual birthday and scattered them throughout. Every room of our house is full of toys.  I used teal airmail washi, teal letters inside a wooden starburst.
We took this photo of the us on our night out.  Love these wooden cameras, misted in yellow. I snapped a picture of that ladybug on our way home from school.  I put it on one of my Art Journaling cards, blue embossed with silver glitter, and added black letters - love this font, it is the perfect size for those looong titles that I love.
We had leftover cake with the babies the day after my friends outing.  I love this top 10 smash journaling pad.  Maybe I should journal more lists.

The trip to Ikea was a definite highlight of the week.  We all had a great time there and we didn't even leave Avinash in the toddler jail playroom. Maybe next time.  Especially since I get free coffee there for joining Ikea Family.  The store map has the best little dotted lines and arrows, so I added some wooden arrows too.  Avi and I fought over the ikea measuring tape and he won.
A playing / almost fighting picture from the bath -  I just stapled one a elle's studio journaling spot


The orange and yellow card is cut from a gap flyer.  I pretty much never go there since everyone's closet is stuffed to the brim but I still get plenty of junkmail from them.  All I needed to add were red letters and brown stickers.

{page two}
I used Design F again and cut up two 8x10s down to 8x6.  I slipped in a few squares of the new Basic Grey In flight paper.  The black letters again, striped pink washi, ormolu flair (my favorite set by far), a Crate button (one down, five million to go) and Amy Tangerine stamps.  I like all the soft colors together, with just a little extra pop from the red heart.  It is a little weird that my lip is cut in half, but I like the overall look.

Happy that I am still getting good use of my own cards, martha labels, and washi tape.  I also really like adding titles to my cards here and there.  Thickers already have so muhc color and dimension that they take the guess work out of embellishing for me. I like doing two page spreads instead of inserts, most of the inserts I started are still sitting half done in my binder.  Let's see how I do next week since I am a little burnt out from picture taking right now.

Linked up with The Mom Creative for Project Life Tuesday. The PL kit I am using is the Clementine kit. Thank you so much to everyone in this wonderful community. I love all the feedback and looking at everything people do each week. It definitely keeps me motivated. And, please, link me up to any of your inspiring pages this week as well in the comments!

11 comments:

  1. This is lovely! The second page with the two divided 8 x 10 s is just beautiful! Belated happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - love the birthday photos, and you look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages are always so colorful and vibrant. It's refreshing. Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU ARE GORGEOUS WOMAN! I love your pages, literally my favorite place to come each week. I love your lil' family, the way you incorporate photos and life stuff in your pages. perfect! eeek so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pages!! (As always!!!) Love how you did the enlarged photos spread out. That's one of my favorite things to do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pages, and that pic of you with the wine is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW WOW WOW !! Look how pretty that one of you came out, great job on making it fit. Great pictures and goodies for the rest of your pockets. I can tell you have fun putting these together.

    I'm still working on my WITL photos also. I'm putting mine in their own album but I did something kinda special with the PL ones that I will have ready soon. Today I did post my PL for the week before.

    Thanks for always sharing and being so kind. My blog is at
    http://everydaymemorieswithprojectlife.blogspot.com

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely lovely pages. Love the colour and the big photos look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really really like how you used enlargements on your second half of the week's spread. Very eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to an IKEA store. I think the closest one is 4 or 5 hours away from us :( I hear they are great fun! As always I love your layouts and embellishments that you use. I especially liked pg2!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey nice page! I was just wondering ,I saw that you use a lot of washi tape, I recently did an acid test and it was acidic..does it bother you! I am still on the edge, unable to decide if I should add it to my pages or not! I am talking about brand name washi like MT..I did a blog post. You are welcome to check it out!
    Belated Birthday Wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...