Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Project Life - I Spy







This week we were still at home at my parent's place. We had two pujas for Nandini, lots of catching up with old friends and one more wedding.

I used a lot of bits from this month's SC kit (Elmwood Park) and some of their die cuts. I also made a few hybrid cards with some One Story Down kits I got to play with.  Making my own cards is one of my favorite parts of the process, along with using up my stash and stamps. This week also turned out very red again.  The theme for July I suppose?

This page started with the back of this red chevron bag showing throw.  My inner thrifty self/hoarder delights in a two sided element getting double use that it otherwise wouldn't in a layout.  I added a wooden frame to a post-it I used for journaling. I don't always get a chance to pull out my camera when friends come over to visit, but I still like to document it. I added a lot of regular pictures around it, no collages or funky cropping.
Avi let one of his helium balloons go in the middle of our foyer, and asked me to climb up to get it. I may have posed this picture after he asked me. Love these arrow post-its for journaling on. 
The bottom two sides are square instagram prints matted with patterned paper and the same Martha label sticker for journaling. The dance card is Target Ikat stationery.  I can't even find ikat scrapbook paper, Target is always so on trend (Hi Every Manufacturer, I have enough hexagons to last a lifetime, thanks). And, some teal airmail washi tape just because I feel my spreads could always use a little more washi tape. 


 I paired a Basic Grey subtle patterned paper with this bold red OA b-side that I die cut the title out of.  The for sale sign (using green sticky keys stickers) for their iced tea stand was just too cute. Even if the girls didn't share any of their coins with Avi (half of which were from me). I added a gratuitous red bicycle just for extra color and texture. For symmetry I added more washi. The yellow vintage ticket stub washi is from Freckled Fawn and new to 2peas.  It is hands down one of my favorite tapes ever.  It has a great texture and is just that perfect yellow. I am also dying over this math washi tape, I can't wait to get it!


Avi took that top picture of the priest and I couldn't be prouder. His picture series of the folding chairs didn't make the album.  It is super nice to have someone else taking pictures once in a while.
I used this pink airmail paper to make a few die cuts.  I suppose you could just call it striped, but I am still obsessed with airmail. On the stand! card I added a few old PP die cuts, a new BG tag and notebook paper letter stickers. The jewel and heart pin add some nice texture here.
I wrote her name in Hindi for her naming ceremony, so I figured I should include the Hindi on one card here too. I layered different OSD papers to make the card. I stamped the subtitle in teal chalk ink. Teal+red, yum!
Below that is a picture from one more temple visit. I embossed grey cardstock with gold glitter. So glad I got this SC confetti stamp. 


 I like to include totally random pictures and stories when I can. So in addition to Nandini's ceremonies and standing up, I added a card about my dad's office and one about telling secrets. 
I had to use this word bubble post-it for all their 'secrets', ha! I used more OSD paper for this background and the journaling spot. Love all the pink on this page.

 A random story about visiting my Dad's office with Avinash. I used grey letter stickers, a Chap tag and some ribbon from my SC kit.  Always excited when I can figure out a place to use some ribbon.





 Linked up with The Mom Creative for Project Life Tuesday.  So excited to see Kayla Aimee guesting there this week.  I always love her spreads and have missed seeing them of late. The PL kit I am using is the Clementine kit. Thank you so much to everyone in this wonderful community. I love all the feedback and looking at everything people do each week. It definitely keeps me motivated. And, please, link me up to any of your inspiring pages this week as well in the comments!

10 comments:

  1. I love seeing everyone's PL pages! I'm not doing one, but these are all so interesting and fun! Love your use of double sided embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that tiny bit of Hindi there :) I always think of writing in Malayalam on my pages and keep forgetting

    ReplyDelete
  3. great spread! i really need to get back on my PL album. so many things stashed in there, but just not put together! grrr. good work keeping up with things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous spread! Love the wedding clothes photo. They look so adorable all dressed up. I love all of the extras you add to your pages. Fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. I love the red with a hit of yellow! Awesome color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many wonderful details on these pages, love the chevron baggie and the pleated ribbon!! Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing your project life. So full of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB as always! You never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the culture, colors and textures that your pages evoke. Thanks for sharing your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there, so nice to see all the color and fun in your pages. Great angle on the photo for climbing and the balloon, you capture so many little moments, LOVE THIS!!

    How pretty you all look in your wedding clothes. HOORAY FOR DANCING!!

    Great job getting these weeks done esp. with all the details you do.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...