Saturday, June 15, 2013

New JBS projects


I have a new project up on the JBS inspiration blog today.  I love making full die cut backgrounds for pages.  The JBS ones really appeal to me because they are graphic and fresh, and really fun to juxtapose with those classic JBS designs!



When I saw this old red barn, I knew I had to stage a mini-photo shoot for my kids in front of it. I used the red cross cut file and patterned paper to create a fun background. Because I didn't want to lose all of the lovely red of the red cross design I offset the cut from the pattern a little. I used a dictionary album stamp across the middle and some perforated tag paper to frame the photos.  I haven't known what to do with this cute 'boy meets girl' paper for a while, but I like how it looks cut apart.  I'm still debating about if I should color that boy in to make him look darker.  I added a subtitle with red skinny alphas and some flag stickers to each photo just for symmetry. 

I have to say that I am loving being on the JBS team.  Everyone is so nice and Betsy, the digital coordinator, is beyond encouraging.  I am still in awe of the fact that someone so talented likes my work.  So, thank you Betsy and everyone.

I also wanted to share a project I did last week for JBS.  I just had so much fun with it.  The kit I used was Stars and Flags.  See? Totally pertinent because today was flag day and we otherwise didn't celebrate it, as
Avinash kept pointing out to me.



I used the flags to make huge banners and colored them in with watercolors.  Want to hear my secret to watercolors? I  use all those leftover cups of tea scattered about the living room to dip my brush in.  My brushes get clean and I don't have to feel bad about wasting all that water.  I'm weird I know.

6 comments:

  1. I love how you used the tags! GREAT layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your red barn layout, would love to have seen that on youtube to see how layers came about

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts. I love all the layering and textures. I really REALLY need to get out my watercolors and play with them. You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous! Your use of color is just perfection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore how striking the red layout is. I think red is a color that just isn't used often enough in creative projects and it's so vivid, so full of life. Great job! I came over here from Kristin's blog, I'm so glad you're participating in Find Your Voice! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous LO! Im here from Kristen's blog! C u soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...