Friday, June 3, 2011

little fishy in the sea
oh she's a little girl with a round tummy.

     When I was pregnant, the movie that Avinash loved watching endlessly was Ponyo.  The Little Mermaid is a great short story and my favorite cartoon movie. It is so cute that Avinash ended up loving the anime version too. He gets so concerned for Ponyo while watching ('Oh no! boat! Ponyo stuck?'). I told him that he has to be like Soske (the little boy in the movie) and help Ponyo too. I may have even used the noodle scene to get him to eat Maggi for lunch every once in a while. He was so happy to take his picture with Ponyo, though his facial expression certainly doesn't show it. I think it was a rather solemn thing for him.


     In fact, he made me rush home out of the museum after he saw this poster so that we could go home and watch it.



     Is it any wonder then that our baby has her fair share of fishy in the sea moments?




     And in case you don't see the similarity, check out the theme song!

Ponyo, ponyo, ponyo, fishy in the sea
tiny little fishy, who could you really be?
ponyo, ponyo, magic's set you free;
oh she's a little girl with a round tummy.
tip-tippie-toe, jump-jump and hop, now that I've got my legs, I cannot stop
pat-pattie-pat waving 'hello!'
come and hold hands with me, dancing we go
my feet are skipping, my heart too
happy-happy are we all
maybe I might love you, maybe I might love you
so hold on tight and hold me close,
you're my hero!
ponyo, ponyo, fishy in the sea
tiny little fishy, who could you really be?
ponyo, ponyo, magic's set you free,
oh pretty little girl will you swim back to me?

Yum yummy yum I smell a treat
Let's fill our tummies now good things to eat
Peak peak-a-boo that's what we'll do
I see my favorite boy he sees me too.
My cheeks are rosy from smiling
Laughing, laughing are we all
Maybe I might love you, maybe I might love you
So hold on tight and hold me close,
you're my hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...