Sunday, October 16, 2011

G+S baby shower

I had the fun of helping to host a baby shower for our friends Garima and Sameer this weekend.  Pretty much, they took care of everything, but I did try to help a little bit where I could. 

 They did an amazing job with the food and decorations. The ended up getting really gorgeous table linens and chinese lanterns, all in blue.  I was able to make a few things that we hung up. 

First was this hot air balloon mobile.  I used lots of different patterned paper, glue, and string to create these.  I drew a pattern on cardboard and used it as a template for the paper and just hand cut it.  I kept a string in the center and glued the sides to each other.  I repeated this in blue, coral and green.  I added a few tiny embossed hot air balloons and chipboard clouds, to give the effect of flying in the sky.  I attached the string to an embroidery hoop and varied the lengths a little, then covered that in tissue paper.  It hung very easily from the ceiling and can also serve in the nursery after the shower.


  
We put up streamers under the tables as well and used tissue paper flowers all over the place.  I tried to get the fruit punch to look blue by freezing blueberries and blackberries as ice.

The other thing I made to go with the blue sky theme were these clouds.  Again I drew out a template and then cut these clouds out of white cardstock.  I then stamped and embossed more little hot air balloons and punched stars out as well.  I just used a hole punch to string these up.  I really love the effect these give and would also look cute in a baby's room as well.

The two cakes, one for baby and one for Sameer's birthday.
One was tres leches and the other chocolate with mousse filling, yum.
Lots of bubbles and candy for the kids.


And facepainting, for the um, kids.  The adults were actually way more adventurous than the kids when it came to designs and a lot of fun to paint.




Nandini and I with our fabulous baby-game necklaces.  We also gave everyone a waterballoon 'baby' to take care of and the person who snatched the most waterballoons by the end from other negligient parents won a prize.  I did not participate in that one because I could barely keep tabs on my two real babies at the party, ha!


Avi and his many new friends (still trying to figure out where he gets his social personality from). 


(He actually blew out the candles and licked a piece of cake before I could stop him.  Luckily this was after we sang happy birthday.  It's sad because I was cutting the cake at the time but still was not fast enough to catch him.)


The very happy couple cutting the cakes.  They were so cute and fed each other a bit of each cake. 

 


And, the official candy and icing taste tester gets a much needed break for, um, more sugar. 
 (I guess he was worried about other people taking his cake? He did by the way help set up the party with us by taste testing all of the candy and popping all the balloons that did not meet quality control standards.)

Congrats to Garima and Sameer, we all can't wait to meet the new baby soon!

  
linked up at the Idea Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...