Thursday, May 16, 2013

my favorite tea party.

I scrapped this page for this month's Anthologie Collection at One Story Down. One more Disney page down (and a million more to go).

I just loved the 'mood board' for this collection. And, after seeing the collections, it was not hard to get inspired.



After looking through the collections and picking papers to work with I started with a sheet of white cardstock and my trusty water color set from Target by Kid Made Modern.  Such a good buy and a great variety of colors.  I was sort of going for an ombre effect, choosing colors from the collection. 



I made the papers and my photos into a collage digitally and just them apart after printing it out.  One sheet, and no waste.  I like that.  I think I would normally stress about using just a small rectangle of 'real' paper on a traditional layout.

After arranging all my papers I decided I liked the look better with a few left off so the watercolor could show through a bit more.  Sometimes less is more? (Don't hold me to that!)

I stitched down the rectangles. My stitching is pretty messy. Let's just say it was intentional. For the title, I used a journaling card and some mistable thickers (these are similar) which I dabbed them with my leftover watercolor. Waste not, want not. I'm all about going green.

I used a few of my new SC May kit stamps here and there, mostly because I was excited to use them. I stamped a bit on the edges and a map in the middle.  Not necessarily thematic, but I suppose it doesn't matter.  Consider the tea cup is really a ship and we are afloat on it. It could happen.


Here is the whole thing again. I added a few gold glitter stars (mess free glitter is always a plus) and wood veneer pieces to add texture. I used the new Studio Calico Atlantic collection for the wooden anchor and heart circle. Looking at these photos was definitely bittersweet, but I'm glad I scrapped them.



If you want more Disney scrapbooking inspiration, check out my friend Ashli Oliver.  I love her latest page using up some of that darn Disney ephemera.  I have a ton that I just can't part with yet rarely scrap with.

I also created a Pinterest board for Disney inspiration.  I would love to get some more 'modern' Disney scrapbooking inspiration together. Leave your pinterest link or email if you would like to be added to the board!

Submitted for the ink challenge at SSS; watercolor, stamping and distress inked edges  - ink is definitely a theme!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh -- I just pinned this earlier today, but had no idea it was your layout! :) I love every bit of it. I'm off to rename that pin now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have outdone yourself with this one. It is GORGEOUS!!! I love grid designs and this one with the watercolor base is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the watercolors and all the stitching. Next time I pull out my machine I'm going to have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice! I really like how you incorporated your three small photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SUPER gorgeous!!!! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This layout is so wonderfully done. Love all of the bright colors and patterns. The stitching is such a wonderful detail. Love the photographs and the little wooden embellishments, too. The journaling up the sides is a nice touch, too! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...