Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day in the Life: April 2013

I loved the idea of doing this project each month and putting it all together in a mini album.  I was so excited about it at the beginning of the year.  And, I have really enjoyed working on it and putting it together.  Even though my pictures are no where near as artistic or original as some, I just focus on my children like I do with most things these days.  I take very few photos of my feet or my meals.

Cue April.  I was having a pretty rough day on Tuesday.  I had another not so fun doctor's appointment (not documented) and an energy level of zero.  I decided to play along anyway and picked up the camera when I noticed how adorable Nandini was acting.  She really wanted to go out, but I was not up for it, so she just sat in her stroller eating snacks anyway.

She must have been really bored because she started climbing the ladder in our living room, which she has always been afraid of.

Avinash was game to check out the lizard outside with me.

I got fresh ramps and baby carrots at the store.  If you know me, you know that I have been obsessed with ramps for years.  I roasted them with the carrots and a little balsamic.  They did not disappoint.

And, Ryan kindly took this picture of us playing 'Go Fish'.  Grateful he was in town that evening even though he had another 5AM bus back to work in the morning.

Not pictured is my nap in the afternoon, the crying, the long phone calls and texts with friends.  Ryan keeps telling me that we'll get through this.  And, I know he's right, but I just need a little more time I think.

Suffice to say I did not work on my mini album  for this month yet.  I think I am just going to keep it super simple and hopefully won't stress about it too much.  I think the writing is going to be the hardest part.

7 comments:

  1. Isn't that the way life goes sometimes? I think keeping it simple is a great idea, sometimes the best things come from simple things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, I did this challenge too and will hopefully get it in a mini album this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool 'day' and 'life' lettering; and can I say your kids are beautiful. And May is another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I need details on this project. Do you take a picture every hour, or just whenever? Is it just free-form documentation of one day or is it the same day each month? Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to get caught up on my 2012 album so I can focus on other fun albums like this. So fun to see all the details of daily life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still sending big HUGS your way, friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...