Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Project Life: Disney Pages



This Week: We were still in California and at Disneyland mostly.  Life was pretty hard once we got back home.  I want to include it somehow, but not yet. Maybe next week.  I decided to go picture heavy instead, with just two journaling cards and a few embellishments.  Mostly labels and printables.



First Side: I used one journaling card. I bought the filler card set only for the Jade PL kit.  With coupons it was only a few dollars, and I really doubt I need the entire kit given all I have already.
I choose this card because I thought I could quickly document what happened each day of the week.
But, I quickly felt like writing, M- California Adventure, T-Both parks, etc, would have been boring.  So, I wrote about moments instead.
That is why I do what I do.
Treasuring the moments.


 
 I just love Disney pictures with the blurry castle in the background. I used Jillibean Soup white alpha stickers (total KP white alpha precursors in my opinion) and a few wood veneer stars. Very similar to these.
I added a freckled fawn 'Fly' wood chip to this Ormolu banner on the picture on the tea cups. I love the tea cups.

 
I absolutely adore this brad, but I forced myself to unhoard and just use it.  Plus, then I could feel okay about not embellishing the Mickey Photo.  The brad was making the pocket buckle something awful however so I used my scissors to open a slit in the corner and popped that bad boy out like a big blackhead. Much prettier though.


Second side: Again, I kept things simple. I definitely felt like the big DREAM banner made enough of a statement that I could keep the rest of the page pretty plain.  After I was done, I just felt like it needed more texture, so I popped on a bunch of flair too.

Another Jade filler card. I wrote about Lily and Avinash.  Seriously, I am so grateful for how joyful he is around her.

Oh, and the UP dog totally jumped when I said "squirrel". Nandini did too. Awesome moment.

Let me know if you have any questions. I use a lot of digital products, and created a FREE Printables board on Pinterest to keep track (and, I work really hard to make sure that the pins there are all 'live links' and not spam). The PL kits I am using are the Seafoam kit and Clementine kit, with multi-pack page protectors, and grid journaling cards.  Thank you so much to everyone in this wonderful community. I love all the feedback and looking at everything people do each week. It definitely keeps me motivated. Also, please include a link to your projects below so we can check them out too.

Some other links that might interest you:

My Disney pages

My Top Ten out of the way Disney photo spots

My Weekly Project Life Link-up

6 comments:

  1. Disney pages don't need a ton of journaling, the photos always speak for themselves. So much happiness indeed! Sorry things were rough when you got back though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shows all the fun you had! I am sure you will all talk about this trip for a long time to come. I love that the dog jumped! I couldn't help myself with the KP kit. I missed out last time because I stopped to think.. I didn't make that mistake today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how you have documented this fantastic memories

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pages are beautiful, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. I LOVE the dream card.
    That dog from up is one of my favorite characters. I love that he responded to "squirrel"!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...