Thursday, May 23, 2013

Project Life: Week 20, playing catch up


This week: We were still in the process of unpacking and moving in (still are). I included two different weekends in this spread, Mother's day and the Saturday a week later when we visited the Austin Farmer's market for the first time.  This spread more just has the leftovers of the week before with a few things from a very dull week.  Not pictured: multiple trips to Ikea and the hardware store, giant piles of boxes all over the house, the owl we discovered living in our chimney.
It's a bit of jumble and I'm okay with that, mostly because I really like the way the color scheme worked out. Lots of soft pink, with a bit of orange and a few blues thrown in.

First side: I finally used my life.love.paper Currents stamp for something.  I thought I would use it a lot more than I actually do.  I stamped on a grid card here, but I think it would look pretty on patterned paper as well.  I do like how it is perfectly sized for PL, but I just have trouble finding a place for it anyway. Here, I tried to remember all the new restaurants we went to in our first week in Austin.  Suffice to say, I didn't do a lot of cooking.  I added a strip of Rainbow Washi (I'm obsessed with this washi) for color and a cork number 5, for the month I guess?


I included several instagrams from Mother's Day on one card.  The wooden polaroid is a Basic Grey hipster veneer. I colored in the Amy Tangerine heart stamp with a pink gelato and used my white sharpie for a little dimension.  I'm not a big stamp color-in person, but I love how this turned out.  I tried the same thing with a coffee cup stamp below it but it looked awful, so it got covered with an old ticket instead.
I used that kraft die cut card on the previous spread as well and had to mirror the design to allow the die cut effect to show through.  I used a Holiday Mini kit card, with an SC printable.  I added a little subtitle on the photo using my AC black slick writer.

This card is from the Studio Calico PL kit. I punched a circle from a Paislee Press printable for the 'flair', to signify our new start.  The card next to it is another Paislee Press printable that I recolored to teal. I used a Martha Stewart tag for the journaling and some SC letter stickers.

Probably my favorite part of the whole spread is the moving card.  It is another Studio Calico kit card.  I am always looking for nice 4x6 cards in both orientations.  This is a pink version of a card in the Midnight kit.  I have the digi version, so I can always play around with the color if I want to print another one of these in the future.  I used some older black velvet thickers I found while unpacking.  They are a chipboard version of these black thickers.
Technically we moved the week before, but we are still in the process of it, so I guess it works.  Can you tell my brain is fried?

Second page: I used two more SC kit 4x6 cards, which thankfully come in both orientations now. I journaled around the edge of the camera filler card about how Avinash does not want to leave his Nana and Nani's house.

These are just instagrams I took at the Farmer's market.  I felt the story was pretty self explanatory, so no journaling needed.  Pretty fruit, pretty produce and a beautiful sunny day.  I finally used an SC wood veneer card instead of hoarding it, go me!  I added the little Freckled Fawn bits to the photo and a few enamel dots.  I would have moved them actually, but they threatened to rip the paper so I left them in place.  I think this card is another recolored version of a Midnight card. 

 I cut that little smile tab out of a Cosmo Cricket paper ages ago and it keeps drifting through my piles/bowls/bags of scraps.  So happy to just staple it down somewhere finally.

Also used one more vertical card cut from this Amy Tangerine paper.  Love the white on kraft.  Used my white sharpie to make the houses stand out a bit more. I fussy cut around them, added washi and slipped my photo in. Just a few gold stars.  They are both making weird faces in this picture, but I kinda like it all the more for that.  Not every picture has to have a wide grin in it.  I think it shows that they hold hands even without knowing I am watching. 

Let me know if you have any questions. I use a lot of digital products, and created a FREE Printables board on Pinterest to keep track (and, I work really hard to make sure that the pins there are all 'live links' and not spam). 
Thank you so much to everyone in this wonderful community. I love all the feedback and looking at everything people do each week. It definitely keeps me motivated. Also, please include a link to your projects below so we can check them out too.

7 comments:

  1. Love the picture of Nandini smiling in your lap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear Rachel. We need to catch up soon...

      Delete
  2. Wonderful pages. Love how you divided the 4x6 card for the Farmer's Market.
    Getting settled in a new place always seems to take me at least a month...hope it doesn't take you that long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That seems like a pretty good benchmark. Much better than the 'must get it all done right away' idea stuck in my head.

      Delete
  3. Awesome job again, love seeing these! How sweet that one of you and Nandini is, so cute. Keep it up, your doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love your pages, such inspiration. In a week or two you'll be all settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pages always look like they must be fun to put together. Good luck settling into your new home:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...