Monday, May 20, 2013

Project Life: Week 18

 This week: I took the kids to the park one day for lunch.  I remember feeling such peace that day in the middle of a lot of tears.  My dad came to visit and my mom arrived a few days later.  We packed and got ready for our move to Austin. We went to a May Day brunch, second year in a row.  We started making the rounds, trying to visit with our friends once more before moving.



First page: I used my Studio Calico Planetarium kit a lot.  My crafting supplies are a mess and it is just so easy to pull everything from one box essentially.  I used a few cards, some paper from the card kit 6x6 paper pad, the tag is cosmo cricket.
I love the bright pop of color from the glitz alpha stickers.  I wanted to highlight how Avinash wrote his name on his name tag.
The little freckled fawn cloud wood chips are another favorite. 

 I made this heart you card with my silhouette, based on an Ali Edwards design.  My mat was a bit misaligned so the top got chopped. 


I made a little row with these little wood veneer hearts from the new Atlantic collection. They are actually a little thinner than the lighter colored veneers, which is good for PL.  I used a Paislee Press stamp on the card as well.



 Second page: The pages have a lot of glare.  Still trying to find a good photo spot in the new house.  Will have to try again at a different time of day.{I got a decent picture of this side today, but the first page is still all wonky, oh well.  I'm just moving on.}
This side is very photo heavy.  I used four SC cards as well, plus a few random embellishments.
I used an Elisejoy stamp on the bottom right card.  The white chalk ink wasn't showing through as much as I like, so I outlined it with my favorite white poster paint Sharpie.
Nandini and my mom were so silly together, but I never wrote down what they were saying at the time.  I just improvised some phrases, though the joke is lost.  I layered another die cut I made (I have a stash of different die cuts in kraft, which comes in handy since I still haven't unpacked my Cameo), a vintage yellow ticket and PP mistable star.
 

I put these chalkboard thickers on top of a pink ticket. The little roses are stuck outside of the page protector because they were too thick to fit inside. [ETA: I had to take those flowers off and replaced them with a flat badge, they were just too bulky and warping all the other pages in my album]

last year, May Day 2012

We stood in the same spot for a self-timer photo together last year too. It's great how easy this project makes it to look back on the previous year.  I think it will be neat to see the different variations year to year.


Let me know if you have any questions. I use a lot of digital products, and created a FREE Printables board on Pinterest to keep track (and, I work really hard to make sure that the pins there are all 'live links' and not spam). 
Thank you so much to everyone in this wonderful community. I love all the feedback and looking at everything people do each week. It definitely keeps me motivated. Also, please include a link to your projects below so we can check them out too.

8 comments:

  1. Hello!! It's been too long again since visiting! So much is going on in your life. YOU MOVED??!! I read thru your lasts posts real quick, only have a few extra minutes this morning.

    I'm so sorry your having a hard time, moving is pretty hard and you enjoyed this town so much and lots of friends. Take the time to be sad and keep moving forward to new friends and new adventures.

    I LOVE LOVe this pink page below, SOOOOO PRETTY!!
    Happy to see more of your Disney pictures, still need to do mine for our week there too. It's overwhelming having so many pictures and stories to tell.

    How great that you are on IG, so am I, LOVE USING IG!! My name/link is abrandnewdawn look me up and we can follow each other.

    Great job on your PL pages and your DITL pictures too.

    Wish I could be there to help you and hang out and make you laugh and feel better. Hang in there and it will get easier. YOU ARE A GREAT, WONDERFUL, SWEET, FUN, LOVING, GENEROUS MOM, DON'T EVER DOUBT THAT. WE ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE OUR BAD DAYS/MOMENTS/WEEKS WHATEVER IT'S A HARD JOB BEING A MOM. MAKE SOME TIME FOR YOU AND DOING HAPPY THINGS AND BEING THANKFUL IS THE BEST MEDICINE TOO.
    Sending you lots of HUGS, HAPPY WISHES, POSTIVE ENERGY YOUR WAY!!
    Don't forget to look me up on IG, will be fun to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found you on there! It is so nice to connect on Instagram. Probably my favorite way to keep in touch with people right now.

      Delete
  2. I hope you are settling into your new home now and the move has not been as bad as you feared. I love this week's spread. Lots of lovely photos of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you continue to settle in and make new friends. moving is so tough. Love your PL pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for understand, I am not a fan of moving either!

      Delete
  4. Great PL pages, hope you are settling in to your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layouts. The love cut out over the photo of you and the kids is really wonderful. I'll have to remember to try that.
    Hope your move went smoothly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...