Monday, December 2, 2013

It's a .... blue one! {Our Walt Disney World Gender Reveal and Maternity Photos}

We went for our 'big' 20 week ultrasound a few days before our Disney trip.  I had the tech put the gender results in an envelope because we weren't sure if we wanted to find out or not.  I put it in my purse and tried not to think about it.

I'm a big believer in the idea that people are people, regardless of gender, but that doesn't mean it can't be fun to find out.  My friend Anandi mentioned that it might help us and more importantly the kids feel more connected, so I pretty much decided to find out.  Still, in all the excitement and rush of Disney world, it sat in my purse untouched.

We were sitting down one day, enjoying a quiet moment and some Dole Whip pineapple ice cream floats when I realized I was ready to open up that envelope.  Ryan said we should wait and plan something special at the park. Since we were already at Disney World, why not?

We talked to guest services and event planning and no one really seemed to understand the concept of a gender reveal, so we decided to set it up ourselves.  We decided against cupcakes and picked balloons instead.  We gave Avinash a crucial role to play in handing over the ultrasound envelope to a balloon seller and bringing back the balloons over to us for the surprise.  He was so nervous about it that Ryan ended up helping him and basically saw the balloons color right away.

We hung out right in front of the castle and asked a Disney photographer to help us.  He used our camera for us.  He even flagged down another photographer for help, so we got a few different angles and everything!  I just love how Disney has a way of making you feel so special.

I held onto Nandini and waited for them to come back and tell me to turn around.  The butterflies were building and suddenly I hear Nandini shout, "A blue one?!"  Ha!  It was such an unexpected and perfect moment, especially from the girl who still calls anything colored orange an apple.  I love that everyone was involved in the surprise and we got special photographs to capture the moment!









We were both so thrilled.  Ryan said he thought it was going to be a girl and was totally shocked when he saw the balloons.  We are both really excited for them to have a little brother.  We obviously love Disney and were happy to be able to have such a special moment there.  If you love Disney too, I have a list of my favorite hidden Disney Photo spots here you may want to check out as well. 

15 comments:

  1. Love this, and love that you are wearing a tiara :) Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to capture the reveal! Such great photos and memories for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an awesome way to find out! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok this is the cutest story ever!! Your son will love to hear this when he is older :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww!!! What a wonderful way to surprise YOURSELF! At Disney World no less!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you all :D
    lots of hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! Love the photos and the story..what great memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh so exciting and so much fun! congrats Niru!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - how cool is that?? My hubby and I love Disney. Congrats on having a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOO awesome! YAY and Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! What a wonderful gender reveal, congrats! We are having our third boy in May, my boys are SO SO excited and talk to him all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! Definitely a fun way to put a spin on a gender reveal. And congrats on your new son!

    Just wanted to let you know, I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a cool idea, and amazing photos to have forever!
    ~Kelly
    (http://lifewiththeeasts.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...