Friday, December 2, 2016

December Daily | Handmade Holidays Day 1


Cheers to a new holiday season! I am so excited to be starting my December Daily album again.  I love all the inspiration from Ali Edwards and have been watching her old album videos and going through my old albums as well. 

I chose this grey album with gold scripted Merry Merry Merry,  along with the main Ali Edwards kit.  I also got the Pam Garrison mini kit. 


I made a pretty simple title page this year, but I did include this awesome chipboard piece I've been hoarding for years.  The five stockings were just too perfect for our family. 

I had to spruce up the inner cover a little too. 

The back is just a very quick and very short intentions page.  I've thinking about the joy and magic of this season a lot lately.  Going back to family time.  A break from school and the car and running around. I stacked the acetate shapes from the kit and journaled around them. 

We got our tree after Thanksgiving, so I already have a lot of moments I want to include in the album.  I added this star transparency in between these pages. 


I stitched some wooden stars with red string. Love that extra texture. 

The first spread I added was from an event back in November, but it was too special.  I have a lot of before December moments in here actually. 

Avinash had the role of Esteban the Magnificent from the Day the Crayons Quit.  I used a green crayon to make this little doodle and photographed it.  Then I typed my journaling on the image and printed it out. I added a little star and a stamp from the AE cheer kit. 

It is one of my most favorite hybrid pages I've ever created. 

I backed the journaling with rainbow hearts patterned paper from SC.  I added a big red chipboard A and a word strip about applause.  I took so many pictures of the play with my big camera, but somehow my phone picture turned out the best. 



Thanks for looking at my pages! 

XOXO, 
Niru 


ps. You can see all of my December Daily posts here.


5 comments:

  1. oh my word that crayon! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! Keep posting, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your day 1 and what you did with the green crayon, awesome!! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pages are so beautiful! I love all the techniques you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your journaling around the lights.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...