Thursday, October 17, 2013

I love fall. | New Layouts.

While my entire family was here visiting I did manage to sneak in a little scrapbooking time. I worked in bits and pieces at night just because I had so much free time, ha!  Actually, scrapping helps me stay sane and I feel a bit disconnected without it. 

Since we moved to Austin (and away from the awesome built in bookcases of our old apartment) my stuff sort of litters the living room in cardboard boxes.  These were put away so I largely worked from my most recent Studio Calico kit, Antiquary.  I just loved the new Printshop release papers and had a hard time choosing which papers to start with. 


This layout was such a blast to put together.  I decided to use the bold black and white A-side of this paper, even though I have loved Geralyn's ampersand print on the B-side for a long time.   It just fit the rocker-ness of these photos from Austin's music festival.

The best part of ACL was how kid friendly the whole thing was, so we brought the kids with us on the second day.  I think the thing I was most excited about was getting their hair spray painted in funky colors.  So, I spray painted my layout too, with a blend of pink and yellow neon mister hueys.  I have found few uses for them, but here was definitely one of them. 

I arranged everything down the center, including the title and the wood veneer stars.

Are these kids cool or what?


This layout is much more traditional and much more the norm for me. Visiting the pumpkin patch is one of those things that I fell instantly in love with after becoming a mom.  We have to go every year, and this year was no exception. Again, using the same kit here.

This page has a much softer feel than my previous Antiquary layout. I used a lot of the die cut tags with that beautiful rainbow scallop Printshop paper. I added a strip of chalkboard paper for contrast and stitched on some ribbon for texture. I added even more chalk ink around the edges than the 'distressed' pattern on the paper had to begin with.  The brads on the tags are really just enamel dots I colored with a metallic sharpie.
Even my mom liked this page, or she liked the picture of Nandini at least. Now she wants me to move to LA and start her modeling career.  I'm game I guess.


I love how versatile Antiquary is. Both pages also have a rainbow color scheme and elements of black and white, but you wouldn't really know they came from the same kit at first glance at all.

I am applying to the Becky Higgins' Project Life team (again, but it doesn't hurt to keep trying I suppose) and want to design a holiday card for that too.  I've never seen a Diwali card picked before and it would be fun to make one anyway.  I also really need to finish my post about Avinash's birthday party.  It was epic. Two other things are making me super happy today.  One is a bit of scrappy good news (ok, more than a bit) that I can't wait to share.  The other is that when Nandini was going to bed she turned to me and said, "bye Mommy, I miss you tonight."  She doesn't even know that I would have let her eat a whole bowl of candy and watch cartoons all night at that moment.  Sigh, it's too good.

linked up with Paper Issues' Halloween Issue and I love fall challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Nirupama, these are gorgeous!!!!!!!! <3 them both to pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your title on the first one!! Great pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts! Love the orange/pink combo at the top of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the multicolour on the Austin layout, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rainbow tags on the second layout, so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING pictures. I always love the creativity of your layouts! Good luck with the creative team, you totally deserve it. Can't wait to see the card you create.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...