Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Back from Disney World

Yes, we went to Disney World again.  Yes, we had a fabulous time and it was totally worth it.  We got an incredible deal on annual passes last year (better than the price of one week tickets) and I just had to go one more time before they expired.

Yes, it was hot and exhausting.  But it was our only vacation all summer and so worth it.  I'm glad we waiting until September to travel or it would have been even hotter!

There is just something about Disney world that has a way of making everyone feel so special.

The best part?  Seeing Avinash and Nandini's eyes fill up with wonder at least ten times a day.  I don't know how long this belief in magic will last, but I want to bottle it up and hold on to it forever.

In the hustle and bustle of everyday life it can be easy to forget that part.  Disney simultaneously makes you speed up and slow down together.  There is a lot of waiting.  Waiting in line, waiting for the bus, waiting for the show to start.  This time is just as important to me as anything else.  Just being together.  Making connections.

Nandini was just as excited about rides as Avinash this trip.  She would make her requests and we did our best to follow.  Avinash really liked stopping to watch shows and parades too.  This is something we would likely skip otherwise because of the heat and crowds, but it was worth it to hear him chanting "Dreams Come True!" with all his heart.

He also loved playing all the different new games around the parks.  Sorcerer's and Pirate's at Magic Kingdom.  Phineas and Ferb at Epcot and Wilderness Explorer's at Animal Kingdom.  

The prep. 
Going to the mall at the last minute for some new tiaras and mouse ears from Hot Topic and Claire's, for a fraction of the real thing frankly.
Packing, each day was put in a grocery bag before going in the suitcase.  It really made getting ready so much easier.  Will definitely be doing that again.
Buying food from Target.  Easy mac, english muffins and little cereal snack bags.  I love Disney, but the food can really add up.  Sometimes simple food is better.  

Avinash kept trying to scare Hook by making the tic-toc sound.  Priceless.


We got to meet a lot of other great people, like all seven dwarves!  Mickey was super sweet and very excited about the new baby too.  I loved that.  We met up with one family from Avinash's preschool.  It was so fun hanging out with them at Disney that we expanded our original plan of meeting up for a ride one day into meeting up three days in a row, heee!
I also randomly met April Foster (of Studio Calico).  It was a bit embarrassing and made me feel like a stalker but I just had to introduce myself when I saw her on the Disney bus.  Actually, Nandini spotted the twins first.  "Two cute babies, look Mommy. Wow!"

Other awesome moments:

 Dancing to the tabla and sitar at Animal Kingdom.  I love this place.

Back at our favorite photo spot. This was our Cinderella-themed day of course. 

 The neigh ride. Her second favorite now behind Small World.

 Fantasmic fireworks.  He begged to go back but we only had time for one show.

 Our little Paduan.  He wouldn't do the routine and kept trying to cut down Vader's knees.

 Joy.


 Taking some maternity pics.  We decided to find out the babies gender here.  That was a fun reveal.  I don't know why, but I am nervous to share.  Somewhere in the middle of this trip the baby really started kicking.  Or I really started to feel the kicking.  So love getting constant reassurances that the baby is doing well.   It has helped my doubt filled mind so much.



[not pictured]

Wrapping up Nandini in a toilet paper diaper after blowing through the last one in my bag.  The parade was going on and there was no way I was going through the crowd to buy another one before heading home .

Getting food poisoning or something after eating at Tony's on Main Street.  Three rounds of the tea cups in a row did not do me in, but pasta I can't handle.

Nandini getting so emotional over meeting Cinderella and then shunning Sleeping Beauty five feet away.  She did not want to cheat on her favorite I guess.

Slogging through the rain+crowds at the Halloween party.  Finally getting to see the parade. Then begging like Oliver Twist for a lollipop or two when Goofy came by.

Blisters on both kids feet.  Despite what felt like constant stroller riding or shoulder carrying.

Walking so much my legs were literally rubbed raw.  Yes, my legs are large which is probably the reason.  What? I'm pregnant and I need sturdy legs to stand up.

Nandini getting scared of fireworks and 'lightening' every time.  I thought it was a bit of an act but she kept it going for the whole trip.

Avinash hitting the camera with his golf club at mini golf.  It was an accident (sort of ) but I still kinda lost it.

I sat down in an empty wheelchair at the bus stop one night only to have the attendent come over and wheel me to the front.  IT WAS SO EMBARRASSING.  Luckily there was actually no one else there at the time. I think Ryan wanted to pretend he didn't know me.

Nandini absolutely losing it when she couldn't do Jedi training with Avinash.  There were a lot of rides she was too short for but this one thing really got to her.



There you have it.  The good and the bad.

I like recording both because they are so funny to look back on.

And, in case you are wondering.  I haven't unpacked or done laundry yet.  I haven't bought groceries for the week.  I do really want to scrap some of these photos though, ha!
Love,
Niru

10 comments:

  1. Love it! It was a little hard not to cry at the cuteness but I'm trying to keep it together at work. I tell myself you were wearing the Cinderella princess dress for the kids but I know it was really your idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warmed my heart to think of you holding back tears at work, is that mean? You know that the costumes were totally my idea. I even got Avinash to wear a dragon costume around for a whole day. It was brilliant. I almost feel like half the reason I dress them up (or try to) is so that I look a little less weird than I would dressing up by myself.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! Here's hoping they never outgrow the magic. I'm taking mine for his 11th birthday in 29 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping Terri! Have a great time, such a fun way to celebrate a birthday! You can get free 'grey stuff' at Be Our Guest on your birthday.

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed the cuteness and the fun details.Loved ur princess dressup idea . The food poisoning part got me a bit worried though.. take care..can't wait to see your disney layouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priya, am doing okay now. Was just a one time thing thankfully.

      Delete
  4. What an awesome share!! So love that you dress up too!!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!!! I didn't know you were pregnant! You look gorgeous! And giant hugs, three kids is an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's a really big trip to take with little ones! Glad it was good, even together with the not-quite so picture-perfect moments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One can never go to Disney World or Disneyland too much. Looks like you guys had lots of fun minus the bad food or teacup mishap. ITA best part is seeing the excitement in your children's eyes and congrats on your soon to be new addition!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...