Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh so happy.

So, Sunday night turned out not to be the best night for us and all Pittsburghers...  There's always next year!  Maybe it is better that new baby be here for their next superbowl win anyway. 


I have been doing a lot of new layouts, finally!  This is one of my last summertime layouts.  I love the colors, they just make me smile.  This bo bunny paper worked perfectly for the pictures.  My mom came up with the idea of putting the blue bucket outside and filling it up with water to dunk Avinash into.  He was happy as a clam here.

 


I used the B-side to do a baseball layout about the rivalry between Ryan and I over which team Avinash should support.  We may have to leave it up to him. 
 


Our favorite Chinese restaurant was taken over by new management. Avinash got to eat there one time before the change. I originally wasn't going to scrap these photos, but we loved this place so much, but once I found out it had changed ownership I had to write down a few of our memories of the original place.

I really like this SC paper. I put in some yellow to mat the pictures and I love the pop of color from the red brad in the corner. I kept it simple otherwise to leave lots of room for journaling!
 


I had such a hard time figuring out which of my Indian-themed papers and embellishments to use on my Diwali layout.  I have so many paisley and mehndi-inspired patterns it was hard to choose.  I used two different patterned papers (studio calico and sassafrass) and the end result was a little busy.  Still have to work on my Indian-layouts.
 

I wanted this to be a quick layout using a grid pattern, but it ended up taking me a lot longer than I expected to pick out the right coordinating ribbons and stickers.  Plus, I'm not used to having to measure and cut everything so precisely.  It was fun though and I loved the end result!  Not a pattern I'll be doing alot since I usually like to put on multiple pictures per page, but it is a nice change.
 


I finally took down my christmas decorations the other day, but left up one string of lights to use when I feel all dismal and gray in the apartment.  I wanted to do something more, so when I was at the grocery store I picked up a couple packs of doilies.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them at first, but I decided to try stringing them together in a garland. 

I misted the edges of the smaller ones with Mister Huey calico cream paint.  I layered these on top of the bigger ones.  Then I gathered up all the flower embellishments I've collected over the years.  I like flowers but rarely end up using them since most of my layouts are more masculine themed.  It was nice to finally use so many of my collection.  It was a bit of challenge getting the ribbon flowers to stick, and I found out that gel adhesive seemed to work the best. 
 

I wanted a generic sentiment, not happy valentine's day since we don't really do much for that anyway and I wanted a longer shelf-life for my banner.  I was just going to write love, but I decided I had to use the beautiful ampersand as well, so my sentiment became 'love & joy'.  The last thing I did was string all the circles together with some cream silk ribbon.  Before I did that, Ryan even looked up from his laptop and admired it.  So sweet!

I'm working on a few more, I really want to get through Christmas and my two January trips before the new baby arrives!  Plus, I want to do a few just about Avinash and everything he is doing around age 2.  That's all for now though, thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...