Monday, February 14, 2011

Whimsy.

or, Monkey in a shark Hat going down the Slide.


I love these pictures from one of our random trips to the children's museum. We went for the Diwali show that day, which turned out to be a bit boring. So we snuck out in the middle and found the coolest blanket-fort making area. I was way more into it than Avinash, who was totally pre-occupied with face painting. I love how wild and disheveled Ryan and I look in these picture too. Might as well show how we are in real life.

I love using bright white cardstock for colorful pictures like these.  It was looking a bit too plain though, so I decided to stencil on some yellow stars using a studio calico wooden sticker sheet as a template.  I dabbed the paint in the center and used my fingers to spread it out to the edges.  I used one of the Jenni Bowlin Ranger paint dabbers (in lemon drops-love that name).  The first few I did are less precise than the rest, but I still like the overall effect.  It doesn't have to be perfect anyway, definitely gives it the hand painted look.

 

I decided to string up the title on some maya road banner chipboard.  I love that font too.  It looks so striking.  I just used the B-side of the pattern paper to make the double photo mat.

 

I love doing mini-titles too with rub ons.  I used to do this a lot when I first started scrapbooking and want to try to do it more.  Putting all those rub ons on can get a bit tedious, but it gives the title such a finished look.  Plus, I just think it is hilarious how Avinash stuffed his monkey into his shark hat for rides down the slide.  What a crazy baby.

And, finally I added a few more stars and buttons around the edges for a little extra whimsy.  Well, that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...