Thursday, December 13, 2012

Holiday Style: {plus, How to do Christmas Tree Bokeh Pictures}



I am sharing more pictures of our Holiday decorations.  I cut up a bunch of paper snowflakes and hung them from the staircase.  One of my favorite things to do. And so easy. I did this on Christmas eve last year and everyone 'woke up to' a white Christmas.

 We put up the tree at my parent's house. I love all the old ornaments from the '80s.  I took a bokeh (bokeh means out of focus light) picture with my dSLR and my camera phone.


It is simple to do with an SLR.  Just focus the lens on something close (like your hand) and switch the focus to manual.  Then stand back from your tree and shoot away.  Works ok at night, but looks really well in the day time.




For my phone, I swung it from side to side and took a picture when still slightly in motion.  I love how it turned out. 


 


In our apartment here, we still have all of our Diwali decorations up.

Paper lanterns, tissue flowers and some mini marquee letters I made.

I also bought a tiny real tree to decorate. It has been so long since we had a real tree.

I got this really cute fabric letter garland at Target.  I was going to hang it up, but it just looked cute on the tree.  Most of the ornaments are from the Target dollar spot too.  I did glitter them up for Christmas. 

I paired down a lot of knick knacks on our counter.  I did keep this tray out to fill with random things.  I put a vase of tree cuttings (I love that fresh pine smell), some candles and a few stray ornaments in there.  I filled a hurricane vase with more ornaments and hung up the more fragile ones on the branches (away from little hands).

I am also working on a fun scrapbooking project this month, called December Daily.  Check out my pages so far.
Linking up here and here.  

9 comments:

  1. Love your kid tree and I love all your paper decorations! They are simple and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all the pictures! Love the SPARKLE on the shelf!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your diwali decor made me smile. What a beautiful family you have Nandini!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house looks so lovely all decorated!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was delightful to take a virtual tour! Everything looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little tree - so cute! Popping by from the Nester's party - Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! i love the paper decorations (white christmas!) and thanks for sharing how to take bokeh pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...