Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving !

I already did my thankful post.  And have hopefully completed all of the online shopping that I'm going to do.  Don't think I'll be able to avoid going to the midnight sales with the family as much as I'd like to.

The stuffing is on the stove and the squash and sweet potatoes are roasting in the oven.  I am waiting for more supplies to arrive, so why not take a minute to reflect vent?

It is so much more annoying to me to hear everyone complain about holiday decorations going up early than to actually see them up early.  What is the big deal?  And, it is not like your complaint is original.  Get over it.  I put up my holiday lights in October for Diwali and leave them up all winter long.  The anthropological reason for putting up lights is to help with SAD, so why not?

I also love it when people have two of something and say, oh wow, look, trees squared, or dessert squared, etc.  I just can't understand why people think it is so incredibly clever.  If you square something you don't get double what you had, you would get dessert number of desserts or baby number of babies, not two of these things.  Unless the numerical value of the original pie is equal to 1.4something pies, then it might make sense.  But I am sure that is not what is meant.  Anyway.  Don't abuse the square.  Just say times two and stop annoying me, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...