Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Project Life - On Vacation

We took a trip this week -- to Hawaii!!  It was awesome and we had an amazing time.  But, I took over 2000 pictures and wasn't quite sure where to go with project life.  We left on a Tuesday, arrived late that night and didn't do much for a few days before.  Because our trip was half in one week and half in the other I only included a few vacation pictures. Still not sure what I'm going to do next week. 

I also got a big variety pack of page protectors in the mail the day we returned.  I wanted to try out them all.  I used some ritz coupons and printed out a couple 8x10s and decided to slice one up and put it in the Design F page (one 4x6 pocket and 10 3x4 pockets).

The patterned paper is kesi art paper from a recent SC kit which I thought was too pretty to cut.  Instead I saved it and ended up cutting it into six pieces.  I paired it with dear lizzy stickers and some prima wooden flags.

Pin It
I rounded the inside corners only because I had the photo printed with a white border.  Love that gold striped washi tape too.  Think I'll be using it alot.

It is not a very efficient "Project Life" page since it only has two pictures and not much journaling.  However, this is probably one of my all time favorite pages. 

Pin It
So, I did two sides this week.  They are not facing each other.  I'm sure no one will ever notice/care that the week is not entirely visible at one glance.  I included only three vacation photos, no memoribilia (even though I have a box full of junk), but tried to focus on the little things instead.  I hope to scrap the vacation photos a lot (eventually), but it is nice to remember the silly stuff right now. 

Like Nandini's favorite book.  Her joy over this very simple and short book based on a movie she has no clue about is so sweet. I had mixed feelings when I bought this I love books studio calico stamp but I am still using it and loving it alot.  Especially embossed in white (probably because of this KP page I saw a while ago).  Plus a little Love flapper from Ormolu...

Pieces from the new Studio Calico kit.  I knew the Away We Go stamp from last month was going to come in handy soon!  The label sticker is Martha Stewart/Staples, the Notes card is new Crate Paper, SC letter stickers, and this Ormolu fabric swatch in my fav grey/yellow color combo.

Just a cute picture of Ryan and Avi from our first day in Hawaii.  Not sure it will find a home in the 'regular' scrapbook so I added it here.  Day of the week stickers are from my core kit (Some of them may be off I now realize....) The blue hearts washi tape is another new favorite. 


And, of course, the big question that every toddler faces sooner or later.  WHY?? It deserved a pocket all on its own to denote its significance.  I used an Elle's Studio noted tag for the journaling.  I still have mixed feelings about this phase, at least Ryan loves it.


Linked up with The Mom Creative and One Happy Mama for Project Life Tuesday. The PL kit I am using is the Clementine kit.   Thank you so much to everyone in this wonderful community.  I love all the feedback and looking at everything people do each week.  It definitely keeps me motivated.  And, please, link me up to any of your inspiring pages this week as well in the comments!

14 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things about your work is that you take a picture and make it whatever size you want, spreading it out over several pockets. Love how it looks cut like that. So visually interesting.

    It's always challenging when you have a vacation and oodles more pictures than you can use.

    Beautiful pages, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how that large photo looks spread over so many pockets! That is an awesome idea. Looks like a fantastic trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that enlarged photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pages!! love that large photo!!! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like am amazing trip. Great photos - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite thing is the large photo you did which came out great. But really the sweetest thing is that you put the "WHY" phase she's in right now. LOVE LOVE THAT!! You are such a good mama and are so good at getting the little details right now while they are little.
    I swear your pages get cuter every week, love love all the little special touches you add to everything. I can see how much you love it and your family.
    WOW WOW WOW HAWAII!! That is so awesome and fun. I hope you can share more pictures next time. I would say go over them all first and maybe you can make some collages and a few layouts to include in the week. I love doing collages in my PL this year. Also, try just picking the ones that really tell a story you don't want to forget or the little stories/photos that don't need a whole layout about it.

    Have a great week! Come by and visit my blog anytime, love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loooooove that big photo split up like that. love all of it this week - its soooo fab! no doubt i'll be looking at your pages a million times again, LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that large photo split up. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got a 'why' pocket too in my next week's spread. Its my 4 year olds new favorite question.

    Love the pages! We have a small trip coming up and I plan on just doing a couple of highlight photos in my PL. I'll do a mini album for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BE-AU-TI-FULL! I love it all. Hawaii, your boy saying "why", the big photo, the crossover photo shot, the colors. it works, it's awesome, you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with everyone else..the larger photo is amazing! I did that with a couple pictures this week but yours wins hands down :)

    way to make PL your own!

    http://aprilbest1981.blogspot.com/2012/03/plweeks-8-9-and-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the large photo! Your work is beautiful...TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Another one of your master pieces..just loved it Di.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Hawaii! SO jealous! ;) LOVE your pages! That big photos cut up to fit into all of those pockets is so neat! Love it! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...