Friday, September 20, 2013

I am so moved by all the responses to my Miss America post the other day.  My stomach was in knots for hours after hitting publish on that post.  I just didn't know if people would understand what I meant. Somehow the post hit home with many of you. I am more than a little saddened to know that many have experienced similar racism, if not worse.  In a way, it helps me to feel like less alone to know that I am not the only one who has gone through this. Many people from different backgrounds who have experienced the segregation of Houston.  People from other countries who know what racism feels like.
Thank you to everyone who commented, tweeted, blogged and shared this on facebook.  Your support means so much.  My friend Anandi wrote about her fear of the racial backlash after 9-11 a few days ago and it is just amazing how spot on she was. I was thinking of her more than a little when I first started reading the negative comments all over twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...