Friday, December 12, 2014

Oh What Fun! | Day & Night

Holidays are all about finding a light in the darkness.  If you look around the contrasts are everywhere.  I like to look at these when I am putting our own little lights around our home.

We start decorating early in the fall for Diwali.  Then we let the lights stay up through the New Year.  While the days are getting shorter and nights longer, I definitely need to keep a little extra sparkle in my heart.  Our house is still messy and some in boxes.  We have Ikea furniture we still need to assemble. But there is still so much beauty to see.  Some of my favorite little spots are here. 


Night &

day.

Night &

day.


Lights &
ornaments.

I love bokeh tree pictures.  I wrote about how to do it yourself here (iphone camera or SLR).


The felted acorn garland from fall is still on the mantle.

I even made my office a little festive.  Twig garland from Anthropologie (and the little feather bottle opener on my scale too).  I'm not quite sure what to do with all my little cubbies anyway so I filled a few spaces with ornaments and pinecones, etc. My little prongs ornament is on top with his own forest of bottle brush trees.

My antique hutch. I made some yarn tassels for my twine caddy.  The ornament garland I've had forever and is from Target.


Pomegranate centerpiece for the kitchen.  The silver tray and colander are thrifted.  The leaves are from outside and the fruit was on sale at Whole Foods.  Score. 

 Our little advent chocolate corner.  It never ceases to amaze me how excited they get about little squares of chocolate.  We have been doing this for years and it makes me smile to think of them doing the same thing and still getting so excited so long ago.






 Our entrance way. The Ganesha banner I hung up around Diwali.  I added the elephant stand and cranberry garland.



Even the playroom got a little festive.  Turns out this felt Target Garland fit right in with my playroom shelves.


Sometimes it can feel like, why bother putting up all this stuff you just have to clean up in a few weeks anyway.  But, for me it is worth it. I am so grateful that my kids still find so much joy and wonder in this season.  They still believe in magic and Santa. 

2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful home! Stopping over from Kelly's Korner. Stop by #36 if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "SPARKLE" letters. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...