Sunday, April 29, 2012

Beyond Grey

I was excited to hear about the Design Team Call at Beyond Grey.  I have been doing a lot of project life type scrapping lately and feel like I need something to rejuvenate my regular scrapbooking.  I want to push my work a little further creatively - embossing, stenciling, misting, painting and not just cutting up paper (which I will still love to do) - and these challenges are the perfect thing.

 I love this layout of Avinash.  I used lots of colors from the picture in choosing my papers.  The alphabet stencil is a bit random, but he does love the alphabet, so yeah.  I like the dimension it adds.


{Travel Notes}
 I used brads as pushpins on a map.  I was so happy that this paper was geographically accurate for our destination/arrival points too.  And airmail twine of course.  Can you tell my new obsession is all things airmail? I have decided it is the theme or our Hawaii album and have been pretty happy with it so far, though it is not the first thing you think of when you think of tropical destinations.  But it works!




{Oh what a lovely Rodeo}
 A collage of instagram prints from our night at the rodeo.  Lots of new Studio Calico, OA Sasparilla and Crate chipboard too.  The background paper didn't need much, but I really like how it turned out.  I love using woodgrain to mat my photos now, it is a great neutral background with just enough texture. 


{grass baby}
 The whole approach is pretty basic.  A few sheets of patterned paper and a row of multicolored shipping tags.  I used a very loose rainbow order to arrange them (see? green, blue, purple, red, orange, yellow).  Subtle? Yes, but it takes the guess work out of finding a good color arrangement for me.  I then just added little embellishments here and there to each tag.  Just enough to make them unique, but not too much to distract from the picture.  How cute are those Amy Tangerine fabric yo-yos?  I could use some in every color.



Check out more of my work on 2peas and on my blog of course. 

5 comments:

  1. love your creation :)good luck
    thanks for playing with us at DT call

    melissa
    vibrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nirupama.. I've been following your blog for a while now and I'am excited to know that you have applied for the DT spot at Beyond Grey. :) I wish you all the best and really hope you get the spot. ;)
    Neelu

    ReplyDelete
  3. these layouts are awesome, as always! good luck with the DT app :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Nirupama :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulation, niru :)

    from your new follower :D
    melissa
    vibrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...